My boyfriend is ignoring my calls and texts...it's been three days!

My boyfriend of five months hasn't called or texted me in three days. We go to the same university and we usually at least talk every day so this is not normal. In the past, he has told me that sometimes he feels like he does a lot of the work by calling and texting me first. I told him that it wasn't intentional and that I would work on it. That was three months ago and we have been really good ever since. But this week he won't respond to any of my calls or texts, and I know for a fact that he has been responding to his friends. He told me that he doesn't like how girls over analyze everything, so I'm trying really hard not to read too much into this, but how much effort does it take to respond to a text? What should I do? I don't want to be pushy. Do I wait for him to contact me or do I call him again tomorrow?

What Guys Said 1

• WHOA! CHILL! Three days is NOT a long time, even for people in love. I love my mother, but she's lucky if she hears from me more than once a MONTH (okay, I know it's not the same, but you see what I am saying). People used to stay in love with each other long distance for years using only letters, and would be lucky to get a response within the year in some cases. So three days is nothing.

You ARE overanalyzing. If there really is anything abnormal going on from his end, if he really is upset about something, that is it. You need to trust him enough to let him respond when he feels like responding. If you see him on campus, don't even bring it up. Give him his space, and see what he does with it. When he sees that you respect his freedom, he may very well use that freedom to come back to you, and the new mutual respect and trust will make things much better than before.

What Girls Said 1

• if I were you I would hold off and wait for him to contact you.