Is asking a girl to prom and asking if she wants to be your girlfriend too much at once?

Prom is coming up within a few months. There is someone I have had my eye on for a while and recently (maybe a month) we have finally started to talk. Honestly, she initiated the more frequent talking so I'm not worried about whether or not she is interested (she probably is). I would have no problem asking her to prom, as I'm sure she would accept, but I also know that prom doesn't automatically equal girlfriend. So would it be too much to ask in one night, or should I just see how things go for a bit after that? Thank you for your help. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's up to you. You can also ask her to be your girlfriend before prom. You said prom was in a few months so you have a little time. I wouldn't wait til prom night to ask her though, because she may already have a date or make plans with friends. If you are not comfortable asking her to be your girlfriend now, I would definitely ask her to prom right away. You already want to go with her, and you might as well ask now before she makes plans.

Prom night can be busy and people plan months in advance. I know when I had my prom we had everything planned two months before.

I would build up to asking her to be your girlfriend, by flirting with her and spending more time with her. Maybe after prom you could present her with flowers and ask her :) That would be so sweet! :D

What Girls Said 4

• Why don't you just ask her as your girlfriend? Doesn't that automatically mean that you guys are going to prom together?

-Good Luck : )

• I suppose! But girls also liked to be asked to prom, right? So I feel like if I ask her as a girlfriend I may need to ask to prom in some creative way after that. Maybe not?

• Girls do liked to be asked to the prom, yes, but if she's your girlfriend, she will automatically assume you guys are going to the prom, and you'd probably just have to "seal the deal" with even a little gesture, like, I dunno, a card or something? If you'd prefer to ask her to the prom in a creative way, by all means, go ahead! But, girls who don't have a date yet to go to prom, you'd have to be a lot more creative to ask her to prom (it's just the way girls prefer things).

Again, Good Luck!(:

• If you like her, go for it!

• Nope, most girls really like that sort of thing. They think its cute or romantic so I would say to ask her to be your girlfriend at prom. But either way, if you like her, do it.

• Like Amorina stated, go for it. You'll gain a good thing once you ask her, right? You stated she's interested.. so jump on in and ask! It will make the prom night perfect. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah ask her to prom...but you don't need to ask her to be your girlfriend to take her to prom or a date . Act cool...don't tell her how much you like her...be smooth. Be a complete gentleman to her. If at the end of the 2nd date..things have went well and she seems really into you..walk her to the front door and kiss her. Hopefully she doesn't turn her head. After about the 4-5th date...if you are really doing everything right..she will ask you to be her boyfriend. See..you have a 50% chance of her saying yes if you ask her...but if she asks you to be her bf...its 100%. Be patient..if she likes you..she's not going anywhere. You can't go too slow with a girl who likes you..and it already sounds like she probably does. You can treat the prom as the first date.

• Hm, I never would have thought about it that way. Thanks for the suggestion, man!

• no problem! good luck!

• If the prom is in a few months, why wait that long? Don't ask her to be your girlfriend. Just ask her out for lunch or a drink/coffee or movies or something like that. Then let things progress from there.