Did you go to high school prom?

I'd figured I would ask since it's prom time and I loved prom. My dress looked something like this: link Except it was light blue.

• Yes, I went to prom
  • No, I did not go to prom
  • Have not been able to go yet. (because of age/never finish high school)
You can put how it was if you went or if you did not go you can put why.
Weird how bascially all the answers have been from guys, was not expecting that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I did. That dress is pretty. Hopefully your dancefloor is not small because it was a pain in the ass to lift up my ball gown dress my junior year but my senior year I wore a short dress.

• No, luckily the dancefloor was a good size, so I did not have to lift up to much.

• Just curious which dress did you like better?

• I like my short one better. I felt more carefree. My ball gown I was hitting everything and everyone. Also I didn't wanna wear heels afterwhile so my gown like was hittting the floor and some people stepped over it that's why I had to lift it a lot. Not fun hahah

What Guys Said 11

• I went to prom both years that we were allowed because some form of fate gave me enough luck to actually socialize enough with a girl to get her to be my girlfriend both times. Weird how it has never done it again since though...grr

• I went to prom 2 out of my 4 years of high school. I was planning on never going to prom, but I was partially forced by my parents to go my junior year (I ended up sitting on the bleachers all night except for one song). During my Senior year, I actually wanted to go because there was a girl I wanted to dance with. I danced with her for a good portion of the night and thinking about it can still make me smile every now and then :).

• No. I did not have anyone to go with, and I suck at dancing.

• yes and everybody said I had the hottest date, she was twenty though but I'm a pimp like that. that's what I like about these freshman girls, I get older, they stay the same age

• Yeah. I was basically forced to by my mom, my friend, and his mother and sister. I had a decent time though.

• No, went to a keg party. We had our own DJ, and no one looking over our shoulder.

• Yup, ours allowed you to go any year as long as you went with a senior so I got to go each year. Some parts sucked, others were a blast, all part of HS.

• Yeah I went, but the prom was wack, it was the after party that made it worthwhile.

• I did not go to prom, I did not have much interest in going and neither did my friends. I might have gone with a girl, but no one ever asked me.

• Nope. I never went. I'm pretty quiet so no girl would be interested

• No. I didn't talk to that many people in high school. Most of my close friends weren't going, and I didn't have a date or anything. Plus, I don't know what exactly goes on at proms, but it sounds terribly boring to me.

What Girls Said 5

• link this was my dress, except mine was teal and gold instead of purple and gold...

Like I've said on here before, I basically got stood up, ended up going with my best friend whose date had backed out on her, found out my boyfriend didn't show up because he wanted to cheat on my else where instead...but besides that completely traumatizing disaster I actually had a pretty good time...the after parties where better but I still had a good time overall

Did I mention that the dress kept knocking things over LOL...oh high school good times lol

• No, I'm Canadian. My school doesn't have prom. Graduation we all get dressed up and do a walk in frot of everyone with a date. Then we all go to an arranged party supervised by parents and get really drunk, and the police allow it. Far better than prom in my opinion. Haha (:

• That sounds pretty awesome.

• Yeah, we do, it's called formal. But we all call it prom.

• Yes, that'd be why I said my school. Prom is more of an American thing than it is Canadian. Some schools have it, some don't. I'm pretty sure nearly every school in the us has them.

• Yes, I did. I went to prom all 4 years of high school.

• All 4 years of high school, that's pretty rare. Which one was the best?

• All of them were nice, but I enjoyed my senior prom the most, probably because it was the last one.

• What kind of dresses did you wear to all of them?

• No I did not

• I didn't have anyone to go with, and all of my friends did.

I didn't feel like being the only girl without a date around a crowd of people all paired up.

Plus, I don't look good in dresses, so..