What is the absolute best advice you've ever been given?

Who gave you this advice and do you try and live by it? I'm just curious what everyone has to say :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• My dad once told me:

"There are two kind of people in the world, people who forget things and people who write things down."

Thats always stuck with me, and its quite true.

• "when the race starts, run REALLY fast"

• Knowing when to leave danger and not confronting it is 50% of being a man

• Any advice I give is bad.

Any advice most people give is bad.

Unless it's requested.

There is no such thing as "best advice"

• I tend to only give advice that I personally follow, I'd rather not be a hypocrite. So I find that my advice works better with my friends because I'm honest.

• "Never take your mate for granted"--taster's mother

• "If you ever try to board an airplane with pills of any kind, make sure they're in a prescription bottle with YOUR name on it." - my former boss

"Dating a girl who like to go out and party A LOT sounds fun at first, but eventually you'll end up having drunken arguments in bars, so think long and hard before settling down with a girl who likes to go out and party A LOT" - same guy

• Consider the source

Control the controllables

Never touch a Tri Delt

• Don't get married.

Live only for the sake of yourself, friends come and go. Women are a depreciating asset.

• That's rather harsh advice...

• It's true though. A lot of guys get caught up doing the bidding of young women that are moderately attractive

What Girls Said 5

• I recall that I when I was younger that I was very depressed. I had a friend that was a psych major in college, she had recently started going to church and stated she was the happiest she had ever been and I could see it. She gave me a piece of advice that took me 5yrs later to understand lol. she stated that she knew I was unhappy and she invited me to church and I declined, she then said "if I tell you try to new drink that it will bring you happiness you would do it, if I told you to listen to a new song that it would make you happy you would do it, but if I tell you to try God that all of your worries will go away you hesitate..." It wasn't until now that I realize exactly what she felt, the inner happiness and peace. wish I listened sooner cause I tried a few different drinks and a few different songs and nothing lasted lol

• "Just talk to her."

• Oh I missed the "been" given part. The best advice I've ever been given? Just relax and go with the flow. I have such a hard time with this.

• 'you miss 100% of the shots you never take'

-wayne gretzky

i live by this...25% of the time.

• From my teacher. People used to bother me all the time about my voice & it made me really insecure & annoyed because I didn't like it. I still don't. It gets me mad. But my teacher said that it means that I have the voice of an angel & I'm a girl so I shouldn't be worried. It's not the best advice in the world, but it was good enough for me.

• The woman is always right.

My friend told me that when she got married.