Would you have a problem with your SO hanging out with their ex nonromantically?

And they let you know before hand that you are just friends with the ex. Would it be a problem for you or no? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Never happened! So I'm not sure. But if I have to guess I'd say I would not feel comfortable with the idea :| to me you break up and then you move on. That simple!

• I'm watching those episodes of Big Bang theory where Leonard has to choose between Penny and Priya that indian chick. :-D

• Thanks ^_^

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't be concerned unless I started seeing red flags.

I trust that my boyfriend is with me because he wants to be with me. If he wanted to be with any of his ex girlfriends, I know he would have been capable of getting back together or staying with them.

I expect understanding from him about the one ex I'm friends with for the same reason - I'm with my boyfriend because he is who I chose to be with and who I choose to remain with - and it would be wrong of me to expect better than I am willing to give.

• It wouldn't be a problem for me unless I saw him with his ex and they were obviously flirting. But if not and he says they're just friends, then cool. I'm friends with some of my exes too. :)

• Yes. With my experiences ex's are a big NO. I am sorry but ex's are just off limits, I would be like seriously does she not have respect for me and you or herself, where the hell is her dignity? Then I would tell him the same.

• Why does hanging out with a friend who happens to be an ex mean she doesn't have dignity?

• I didn't say it was ONLY her. I mean like maybe with other friends present too. and also what if he didn't have a problem with her being there with you as well?

• If it's with others and with me present than it's whatever, I'll just keep an eye on them, but otherwise no.

• I would feel a bit jealous. But I wouldn't be an ass about it. If he wants to hang out with his ex platonic-ally then I'm not going to try and stop him.

• Yes, his ex is not the type to hang out casually with, she's got issues, so I would have a problem if he wanted to hang out with her. Also my boyfriend always tries to include me in his hang outs so I would be highly suspicious if he were to not want to bring me along. One more thing, he knows I am a jealous person so it's like he would be trying to make me mad on purpose.

What Guys Said 2

• Not really. I'm not the jealous type because my method of thought is that if the girl wants to be with me then they will be faithful, and if she tries to cheat on me then I get to dump the whorebag and find someone new.

• Probably. It means that they are really not over them yet.