How long would someone take to reply to an email?

emailed a guy that I am interested in on Sunday Night. Before I sent anything he was too shy to talk to me or make conversation with me..

yesterday at work he actually was flirting with me ( surprise , surprise) seems like he worked up the courage to flirt finally..

however I haven't received a reply back yet.

literally it has been a day, I normally don't email people so I am not sure how long someone would take. It is quiet possible that he isn't interested , but I am just curious!

how long?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends how often he checks his email. was he expecting an email? could have gone to his spam box.

• Well I opened convo by asking him about computers.. I got his phone number and email but decided to email him instead since people can be skiddish about their phones these days.. He has acted so strange around me since day 1. I honestly didn't know what was up with the guy, all I knew was that I was interested in him. But ever since I sent that email and asked for his number he seems to be breaking his shell a bit..because before he would attempt awkward convo..almost and ask me the same questio

• Either way, he still hasn't responded. I am not sure if he checks his email or if he already has. I just don't see him ignoring my email since we work together.

• I would just ask him if he got your email. I get 100 junk mails a day and its easy to miss something important.

What Guys Said 4

• In general email is a bad way to communicate with people like this because a lot of the time it makes it harder to be personal. There is no pressure to reply at all. He may respond in person instead like the anon user below said.

• ya I wonder if he will work up the courage to talk about it, I just decided it was a good way to approach him since he seemed so shy haha. I am going to talk to him the next time I see him at work .

• Is he in a relationship? I don't understand why it would take long to reply. Unless he doesn't have a smartphone or computer at home. He may also just not check his email...

• he doesn't have a smart phone, I know that. I don't think he is in a relationship, I would have known that by now. It has taken a day to reply. However, there have been times where I won't check my email for a few days. It is possible but not sure

• Everyone have mail on smartphone I believed; he probably got it and read it. Wait till tomorrow morning ( He should do it tonight like 7-9pm), if not...depends how do you feel about him; you can ask him:" did he get your e-mail?". If the answer:" what email?"-let him go and try to find somebody else...

• lol he doesn't have a smartphone so I think he has to check it the old fashioned way like I do. Ya we will see what happens.

• He probly just doesn't know what to say its a lot harder to start and keep a conversation going through txt/email.send him another email saying awwww your shy how cute and he most likely will reply to it

• ya I am giving him sometime. I basically asked him out on an "informal date" from what I have heard about him. He doesn't know how to talk to women, and he is shy, and I guess the nerdy type. I am almost the opposite, I am nerdy but I am very blunt, and confident about how I go about things. I guess I probably caught him off gaurd lol

• Well oposites attract so good luck:)

What Girls Said 4

• I say 3 days... Maybe he's playing hard to get (:

• If he's as shy as she makes out he probably isn't the type who would do that.

• Yeah just let him get comfortable and warm up to being around you a while. It doesn't sound like he's not interested

• lol he sounds shy ha

• so what happened?

• Emails are kind of like texts if you have a smartphone, so he should of reply by now. In case he doesn't have a smart phone, I'm sure he checks at least every other day.

• ya, he doesn't have a smart phone. So it could be a possibility that he checks it every couple of days or so.

• I don't know, but if you have outlook, you can obtain a red receipt, a deliver receipt and also you can get a notification if the email was deleted without being red.

• he has gmail so I doubt it went to his junk folder, either he read it and didn't care to respond or he hasn't read it yet. lol

• My guess is that he won't reply in an email but will reply in person. Now that he knows you are into him he has no reason to be shy anymore and he will likely open up to you very soon.

• Ya, possibly next time I see him I will ask to see if he received my email. It could have gone to spam or the junk folder, but ya he just randomly started flirting with me, I was really shocked because his whole demeanor for the past month was awkwardly shy, and distant almost lol