How to a get someone to like me?

im a junior in high school and I have never had a relationship, I don't know how to fix it. I have friends, and I'm virtually nice to everyone. what should I do. I want the boyfriend who just cheers you up when you are down, and just chill together watching movies. I want that, and its so hard to see others so happy when I'm sitting there alone, just wanting what they have. if anyone has any advice it would help out a ton! I just want that companionship, I know I'm young but it feels awkward, and like there is something wrong with me cause I have never had a relationship. thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the thing... I know that you want to have that someone in your life but there is a reason why that hasn't happened yet, in which you have to ask yourself... is it because I need to focus on my studies? Is it because I'm trying too hard? Is it because I'm doing things to just fit in? The truth is it may all be on your perception of the whole idea. First off you are young as you mentioned, this is the time where you start to "find yourself". There is a lot going on in your life and in a year and half I am presuming you will graduate high school and start to live your life. So don't be hard on yourself. You need to just be yourself, continue to be nice and it will happen. If you like someone don't be afraid to ask them out, but don't do it for the mere fact that you want someone or want to spend time with someone but for the fact that you like someone and want to get to know them better. You can't make anyone ever like you in life, you just have to be yourself, anything less and they aren't getting the best of you and won't know you for who you are and could never be true friends if you aren't yourself. There is nothing wrong with you, just let it all happen naturally, there is no hurry in life, live day by day and keep your head up! I am sure it will happen for you WHEN the time is right, so just focus on school and being yourself and when you least expect it the right guy will come in your life. Best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 3

• I was exactly the same in high schoo I wanted to have a relationship like that and to this day I still haven't gotten nowhere in my love life...stop being shy stop it asap if you think your having trouble finding a boyfriend now then itll be a lot harder after your out of high school.be open to more typrs of guys also and don't be afraid to act dumb around the guy you like a lot of people like funny weird people and very few people go for normalpeople.you WILL regret not doing a lot of things so take advatage of thr time you still have left in high school

• Ok I'm sure yur pretty even thogh uve never gad a boyfriend that doesn't mean somethings wrong with you lots of girls I know are really cute but have never had a boyfriend I'm a senoir in high school so take my advice if you like a boy ask him out and if he says no well he's missin out and its his loss but if you want a boyfriend you have to get out there and take chances take my advice and write me back

• Most importantly you have to be yourself, no one likes a fake. Secondly, you can't MAKE anyone like you. If they don't like you for YOU, then they aren't worth your time. A great place to start off is asking them on a date.

What Girls Said 0