When do I come first?

I've been dating this man for about 6 months now. He says that he loves me and wants a future with me. The one thing that I would like to know...is it possible to become first in his life? How do I come before his job and his cars? Yes, we all have to have a job but he lives and breaths his. Cars? I don't think there is anything that excites him more than a beautifully made car. He says that he wants me to understand how he feels and I'm sure trying. So, just maybe, if I get to know things about these particular cars, will this help. I've never been around anyone that's obsessed like he is, and a workaholic

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is it so important to you that you're the most important thing in his life?

I think many guys would put their wives/children first above things like work. But I know that's not true for everyone.

I think a lot of it has to do with the type of home he was raised in. Some people never had happy homes, and don't know how to be happy at home. But they can be happy at work, where things are under their control, there are rules they understand, their rewards are tangible, praise is frequent, that sort of thing.

What Guys Said 1

• you have to accept that his emotions for you are limited, so you are going to have to accept that he has a pass time more exciting than spending time with you, or move on and find someone who will show you the attention you deserve,x

What Girls Said 1

• why do you need to be first ... are you coming across as clingy or needy? That frightens men off like nothing else ... be happy in your own skin and live your life and have fun ... if he truly cares like he says he does then he will find a suitably large space for you in his life ... you can never make anyone do anything in life !