If you start dating others within one week of the break up?

do you think that's enough time to reflect on how much you screwed up or want to change things for the better in your next relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the steepness of your previous relationship.

If it was a measly 2 week relationship with weak sexual bonding, lack of understanding, just not a good connection - you'll recover quite rapidly. Probably within the same day of breaking up lol

If it was an arduous years long relationship where a legitiment bond was created - recovering after a week either means your heartless, can't be alone, or using the rushed into relationship as a means to cope - in which you'll just end up dumping all your previous relationship blues onto that person.

I think at least a few weeks to a month or so is enough time for shorter relationships - though healing time can vary significantly from 8 months to years...

What Guys Said 1

• Well it really depends on the person...I.E my ex broke up with me last week and she has a new bf...if I dated some one a week later...it will take more then a week to reflect my wrongs and what not but I would use that as a learning curve to my next relationship... For example I tend to be clingy...so the girl I'm dating now...it will take at least a month to not be clingy and what not...But to answer your question it really depends on the situation...Sorry if it didn't make sense lol

What Girls Said 4

• no I dont, but only because I have watched my sister go through it. she tried to get into a different relationship just over a week after breaking up with a guy who is really horrible to her and now all she does is ke going back to him and getting hurt all over again

• I think it's a rebound, unless you had no feelings for your ex at all

• No not at all, at least not for me. Seems more like a rebound.

• Well it might be for some people I suppose. I personally need much more time than a week to move on. My relationships have been long, and deep, and there's a lot to reflect on.