Is it bad to flirt/date a person you don't like that much?

I am recently broken up from my longest relationship so far. I was with my ex 2 years, and we loved each other a lot. She was also my first - and I was hers- sexual partner, which I believe adds much to our bonds. Anyway, while we were so much bonded, our age -I'm 19, she is 17- contributed to a lack of communication, and in turn, many fights. The breakup happened 3 months ago, under bad circumstances, but it was mutual.

Recently, we decided to think about trying again, but she was the one who rejected after thinking about it. I also understood it was a big mistake turning back, since I proposed it in the heat of the moment when we got out for coffee. While I'm mostly over it, the fact that we were sexually bonded makes it hard to let go. So for me, the best thing to do now (since I'm also very inexperienced in dating) is to try to meet other girls. I'm not talking about empty sex, mind you. Just dating, and if I feel like it, maybe go to that point, but not in a reckless manner.

Two days ago, I met a girl through a friend in a night out for drinks. Actually, she was part of a broader group of boys that came along. She was the first to make a move. First, it was getting to know each other, then filling my glass with some more drink, then dancing with me, and stuff. She is cute, and I like her personality, but she didn't attract me that much. But at the moment - count the small quantity of alcohol too, I don't drink much but I'm not used to it- I got enlightened and felt like I knew just the right things to say. So I found out she's interested in latin dance, and asked her to go to a local Latin club- with friends. She immediately accepted and asked for my number. Today, she texted me first...we won't go there, and there will be other people too, but she still seems interested...So do you think it's bad to just give it a try in case it goes well?

Uhm, totally irrelevant, but why are all my questions placed in Sexuality, when I choose Dating?
Oh, to clarify, the main reason I'm not that attracted are the looks...she isn't ugly, but also not my type.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it a try. If you don't you'll never know. If she still doesn't do it for you move on

• Type is relative. My fiance wasn't my type either or so I thought

What Girls Said 3

• sometimes you have to just give someone a chance. if she is sweet and nice, and you guys seemed to hit it off, why not try it out, maybe it will help you cope with the fact your first "love", I might say considering the circumstances, is no longer your girlfriend. but another word of advice... don't open the door if you haven't closed the other one. :)

• 0|0
  • Give it a try,with time,you will learn if she is the one for you.Get to know her better ,maybe you will start to like her more.

What Guys Said 2

• well it sounds like your on the rebound and may date some people you wouldn't normally . just need to take things slow and once you get over ex, will be able to get out there and date again

• If she's a cool girl, and you think you could like her, go but tell her you'd like to take things slow if she seems to be too daring, since you're just out of a relationship. If she likes you more than a one night stand, she'll probably accept.

Otherwise, just tell her you can't, and let it flow. No big deal, you hardly know each other.