Is it needy to expect a text every other day or so?

Same as above. I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months, we've gone on dates, he's slept over, we've been intimate (not sex) and generally enjoy each others' company. It's long distance though, so as you can imagine there are stretches of time where we can't see each other.

My question is, is it unreasonable to expect at least one text every other day or so? Not an interrogation or even a conversation, just a little text to know he's thinking about you.

For other long distance daters/couples/whatever, how often do you contact each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a text every other day. Some people prefer to have more frequent communication, others don't need it at all. Just let him know how often you feel most comfortable talking. These days getting in touch with people is so easy that he really doesn't have an excuse.

With long distance, I don't see anything wrong with a phone call once a day.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think so, I have some girl friends that text or call a few times a day which can get annoying. But if it were a girlfriend I wouldn't mind it, its just the fact its a friend that is doing it that I dislike. I think in your situation considering the fact its long distance anyway, it should be fine to call you a lot since you can't physically be there and he is with you. But I think it still depends on his personality

What Girls Said 3

• honestly its long distance. he shouldn't be the only guy you have around to talk to because I doubt you're the only girl he's talking to. if your not getting a text every other day then he's not thinking about u, especially if its long distance and u've only been seeing each other 2 months

• No...if anything in long distance frequent communication is even more important

• I think you're being clingy. First of all, you've kinda treated him to all the things you do when you're a couple, like getting intimate and sleeping over. This whole thing sounds confusing. Are you guys even in a relationship? I don't know you seem to be needy here if you're not.

• Aha, it *is* confusing and I can totally see where you are coming from. But I didn't think you needed to be in an official girlfriend/boyfriend relationship to expect to regularly hear from the guy you are seeing.

Gah. You're probably right tbh.