Can someone explain this to me?

Why would a man want to hold my hand, sleep next to me and spoon me in bed yet be in love with someone else and want to marry her? He tells me I'm his best friend, we're only a year apart in age, while she barely knows any of his history and they are 17 years apart. I don't get it. Can you guys explain what's going here to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just using you. To you, holding hands and cuddling is intimacy. To him it's to make you feel relaxed, more intimate so he can get you in bed. He tells you what he knows you wanna hear to keep you around. And he's marrying her because I guess she has the qualities he feels will make a good wife to him. This guy is not a catch since he's two timing his wife, but apparently she's a good look for him.

What Guys Said 2

• to be honest he is using you. I know it sucks to hear it but its the truth. But it all depends on how you feel about the situation. personally I think that nobody should use anybody nobody deserves that. I hope this helps. Good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

• he uses you when he needs attention but something she does that you don't turns him on big time to shift towards her instead of you !

What Girls Said 2

• Friends with Benefits?!

• Why does it matter what it means? What matters is how it makes you feel.

• I feel confused mostly. I love him, I enjoy spending time with him, we laugh a lot, we understand each other, we get along well, work well together. Unfortunately, I don't sexually excite him, but he does me. The girlfriend does excite him because she's so young, has the body to go with that age. I'm realizing that if I can't get all of what I want, then I need to pull away. Settling for less than what I want is disrespecting myself.