I've been dating this woman for almost a year, should it be over?

I have been dating a woman for most of a year and told her I wanted a break about two months ago. Also, we said we would remain friends during that time. I did make it clear that if either one of us dated and became intimate with someone else that that would mean that we would never get back together as a couple. She told me that she did have sex with someone "to get back at me" and that it "happened so fast". I forgive her, but I'm not so sure that I can ever be her boyfriend again. In fact, I'm thinking that it's best to just put her out of my life all together. Please give me some advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• I always believe that if a thing doesn't work, don't use it. Same with our relaitonship, it should work both ways, but if it's not for you, then don't force it. Time will come that she'll only hate you for trying so hard. I never believed that exes could be good friends right after a break up, but time heals that's for sure. You don't have to totally put her out of your life, but you should ask for the space and slowly drift out of hers LOL

What Girls Said 1

• She had revenge sex with this other man. If she cared she wouldn't have splet with him. I would move on and get a STD test asap. Didn't you tell her if either one of you slept with another it would over? are you a man of his word?

What Guys Said 1

• put her out of your life. I hate it when a girl trying to get back at you by sleeping with someone else. Down the line that will likely to happen again.

If she sleeps with someone else by mistake/vulnerable in a non-revenge kinda way then forgive and forget can happen.