Why are girls online pickier?

Yeah I know this question is old but it just amazes me how a girl who is probably socially awkward and has never gotten male attention in real life automatically becomes a goddess in dating websites. I'm sure the Male:Female ratio is completely thrown off but, It's scarce to really get a response from someone you like. I simply ask why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone on dating sites is pickier. Not just the guys. And you have to remember that looks aren't as important for girls as it is for guys. She might have seen something in your profile that she didn't like.

Desirable traits for men are: ambitious, tall, works out, has a job and a car, funny, sweet, romantic, etc.

I've used a dating site before and some of the guys who message me on there didn't even have a car. If you don't know somebody in person, it's really easy to dismiss them for things like this.

What Girls Said 5

• Probably because the photo that's making her an online goddess isn't really her lol, if that's not it then its because its a lot easier to ignore somebody trying to talk to you online.

• Its not that I even go for the models, I'm generally going for average but I guess your right.

• Yeah and when they start getting all that attention from other online people that probably have a picture profile of some random underwear model that tells them they're gorgeous their egos start developing.

• Bummer :/

• The power of a social site, something that people hide behide, the more recognition they get from others is the more it builds up their confidence, would some people be able to be that confident in real life? I would hardly think so.

• You don't get reponses?

• Ok. But you've said you get attention from ugly girls. Isn't that better than none at all? Couldn't you have some fun with them?

• Its because we actually know how to keep a decent conversation.way more down to earth. maybe

What Guys Said 0