Has someone ever flipped on you because you forgot to respond to a message?

What happened? and why did you forget?

Have you ever done it intentionally?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they have. I didn't forget, it was always on my mind, but I was just too tired to type and too depressed. I thought she was someone who would know that I am not malicious and would never intend to hurt anyone, but she said, "you said you cared". I told her I do care, and I am alway there when it counts, but because I didn't her in a couple of weeks.

I also who have friends that defriended me because I didn't act exactly how they wanted me to. I think it's bullsh*t. If I am your friend and I never hurt you with intention, then I think I should always be your friend, not just when I am convenient for you.

Honestly, my motto these days is I am not going to put in all the effort single handedly. The other person needs to contribute too.

I am too tired for the childish games. Instead od saying, "are you okay? I haven't heard from you, I am worried something is wrong." I get a "defriend" on a social network. F*** THAT! I don't need it.

What Girls Said 4

• all the time. I didn't forget, I just work 45 hours a week AND am a full time student. unless you catch me online for a substantial amount of time, I need at least a full day to respond. :p

sometimes I'll log into gchat or on meebo here and people will message me just as I'm literally logging off. sometimes I'm too tired for any sort of conversation... unless they want to hear me rant for an hour, odds are a convo isn't in our best interest :p Sometimes I even need an entire week if its a long discussion.

i don't ignore messages, even when they're full of a**holery :p I always always always try my best.

• I was called a **** from a guy on here once when he messaged me and I didn't answer right away. I asked him not to call me that and that I was attending to my children and that's why I didn't answer right away. Then he said "you have kids ,goodbye" "your not that pretty anyways and I'm blocking you". I was like wtf?!?

• No. Because if they try & chew me out, I'll just get even more frustrated & stop replying all together. I need time to think about the crap I write & if I forget, maybe it's because it wasn't important.

• yes, it has happened plenty of times.

What Guys Said 3

• this happens to me all the time when I text. Just because I don't text you back in 15 minutes, doesn't mean I hate you. OH MY GOD, why are most my friends like this?

• Nope, I usually do my best to respond to messages.

The only time people flip out is when I'm not available and they expect an instantaneous reply to a message I have yet to read.

A few times I've deleted messages without even opening them because the sender is someone I view as human scum and not worth the drama.

• No. I respond to people. If they are pushy to bad. Most people I'm around don't do crap like that though.