How to get out of a dry dating spell with dating?

I have not even remotely gone on a date or been approached in over 8 months and I am ready to get things moving again.

I have had many crushes, but nothing ever progresses past the fliratious stage.

Do you people have any advice about how I can get over this dry spell with dating?

What Guys Said 1

• You know, there's a verse in the Bible that works in every situation, pretty much across the board. Roughly paraphrasing:

"You have not because you ask not."

You'll never get what you don't ask for. If there's a guy that you know that you're interested in, you might as well take the chance and ask him for a date. The very worst that can happen is that he'll say no, so if you're not dating anyone already, you'd have nothing to lose in asking him. As a guy, I've been very flattered when women have approached me asking for a date, so you may be surprised at what you'll find.

• Ok well I have said something along the lines of "We should go maybe see that movie together sometime," and either the guy did not get the hint or he was not interested, because he never brought it up again. If a guy is interested wouldn't he have jumped at the chance to go with me after I hinted about it? Or was I not direct enough?

• It sounds like you need to be more direct. If you use words like "maybe", "sometime", or other words like that, it's really ambiguous (and most guys don't pick up on hints). So you'll need to tell him that you want to go out with him, and ask him to pick a date and time. In fact, don't let the conversation end until he decides on a date, then go from there.

By the way - this guy will proabably not pick up on hints. At all. I would stop dropping hints until he gets to know you better.

What Girls Said 0