What does it mean when a guy texts a girl while he's drunk?

The guy I like text me while he was drunk asking if I was out etc. Since then he hasn't talked to me much but apologized for the messages and called me 'man' .

I'm thinking he must be interested if he's asking if I'm out, but then he calls me man (friendly name). Please help :)

Most Helpful Guy

• This is called the "drunk dial". Usually it happens after a guy has had no luck at a party or bar and so he decides to text or call a random girl he knows as a last resort. Guys don't generally call girls they like "man" or "dude" or "pal". I wouldn't be taking him too seriously.

What Guys Said 4

• Usually I won't text a friend when drunk. I might text a girl I'm into when drunk, though. But calling her "man" the next day ? haha, either he's very shy and doesn't want to let you think he's interested in you, or he has a phone plan with too many SMS included ;)

• It means he's not completly smashed...yet...can still operate a phone and he probably likes you more than you realize...it gives him an excuse just incase you reject him. He'll blame it on the booz.

• I reckon he likes you. He was thinking about you and wanted some contact with you even if it was just a text. It's like what funtacy said below, he can use the drunk excuse if he doesn't get the responce he'd hoped for.

• Just wants sex. don't reply back

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't mean a whole pile apart from he probably wanted to get laid.

• It may mean he was thinking about you or it could mean he was hoping for some action.