Why is it OK for my boyfriend to look at other girls, but he gets weird when I look at other guys?

I have been dating this guy for a little over a month now (he's 26, I am 25). We aren't exactly "together." I just shortened the question to "boyfriend" to make it easier, but he and I hang out daily and haven't had any "exclusivity talk". We sleep at each others' places every night if possible and we go out to dinners a lot.

Anyway, when we are out and about, he will actively check out other girls in front of me--sometimes even staring! It's quite obvious. The weird thing about it is when I look at another guy, you can tell he gets weird about it. I even see him trying to read my phone when I'm texting someone, particularly a guy, to see what I'm saying. It seems hypocritical.

Just looking for some guys to shed some light on this! Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a f*** buddy and he doesn't really like you like that. His actions are showing that he enjoys "hanging with you" but doesn't have much real feelings for you. Sorry but checking other girls out in front of you to the point where he's staring? I've never had a guy who was really into me do that. The only ones who did that were the guys who weren't feeling me too much. That's not how guys act when they have a lot of regard for a woman. Men are going to look, but they'll be considerate and respectful about it in your presence if they care. His ego still bothers him because he still wants to be #1 guy in your head even if you're not the number one girl to him

What Guys Said 1

• it's not OK and it IS hypocritical. have you talked to him about the way he looks at girls? I'm sure he knows he shouldn't be doing it but if you don't address it then he probably feels like he can get away with it until you decide to say something

What Girls Said 2

• We call guys like these hypocrites and it's not OK. Be very careful of guys who are actively disrespectful involving other women but who get really jealous/insecure of you doing anything similar. They're the most likely to cheat or step out on you.

• GUYS are jealous little things, but expect us to be okay with them.. And since you guys aren't exclusively he probably thinks it's okay