I haven't been on a date in a while?

If a guy offers to take me to eat out at a hamburger place that's fine with me as long as it's clean. What kind of restaurant do you take or expect to be taken to on a first date? If expensive, why?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of hamburger place? McDonald's or Red Robin? If you mean a fast food place as a first date, girl stop lol. Guys do not do that for girls they're trying to impress. I'd consider it a borderline insult. It can be a regular mid priced restaurant that you'd go out to eat even if you werent on a date. If I was gonna have dinner with a friend, we wouldn't go to Burger King, we'd probably go to Applebee's so to me that's an acceptable first date.

What Guys Said 2

• I usually take a girl out in a very nice place the 1st time so we can have our anniversary at a great place if we "stick". I also like to spoil the girl I am with whether it is going out or cooking for her.

• I always hope some girl takes me to an all you can eat squirrel buffett (as long as it is clean)

What Girls Said 2

• If its

Mcdonalds or burger king I'd feel insulted.

If its a great place that sells nice food...why not?

• i really don't care, even something like coffee is fine with me. I just like it to go well, don't care if it's fancy or not. but I would expect him to pay on the first date given that it is something like coffee, if he can't spend less than 5 dollars on a cup of coffee it would make me wonder.