What are girls/guys opinion about age difference?

I know it's a serious issue. lol Don't gimme lectors about Pedo Bears.. please I know. It is just a question to be asked for people.

If you are in the 18-20 range of age.

is it right to date someone 16 or 17 if you like them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a 16 year old person, girl or guy, is mature enough to understand the implications of a relationship with an older individual. A morality problem occurs when the age difference is so big it makes people doubt the intentions of the older person.

At age 20, you're barely out of your teenage years and you're still at the school/ starting job stage in life, so I don't see why it'd be wrong to date a sophomore. I'm also defending my relationship here ;P

What Girls Said 3

• Girls and boys until 20 years old are not even close to maturity .. yes they seem to be , yes they know how to fake it , but they are not! .. I used to work with ages (16-21) .. and I have known more than 300 of them .. they are not ready to date a mature person , they can date among themselves.. but with a 21 years old .. it can get problematic :) .. They may seem fun and all , but they have huge gaps that can be really annoying to an older person ..

• yeah true. a lot of 20 year olds also tend to be babied by their parents still

• I think 20 and 16 is kind of sketch, but if you're being mature about it it is fine.

I'm not for sex before marriage, so I might be seeing this a little differently, but I think by 16 or 17, people can choose for themselves.

• It depends on the girl and maturity is a huge factor. I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 23, because my maturity level is way up there in years. I know some friends that want date older men, but they literally cannot act the part of someone not raging with hormones. Sex will also complicate things. Do not have sex with her unil she is 18, because if she gets attatched to you and you want to break it off or something... well, I can't promise you she won't want revenge.

What Guys Said 2

• where I'm from if you are 2 years older than someone who's under age or less than it's legal. personally around that age I think 2 years is fine as long as they both relize what sex is and all the risks. if possible get permission from the younger partner's parents but I don't imagination that conversation going easy.

at 27 my min age is 20 but if someone 18+ asks me out and I like her I won't just say no but I'll tread lightly knowing that we might get odd looks. my max age is 29-30.

• I think that age gap is perfectly fine.