GIRLS, how long does it take you to text a guy back?

if a guy texted you 30 min after he gets your number. does it make him unique or desperate? and how long would it take you to text back? because I left this girl a text from last night and she hasn't reply yet...wat up? is she playing game?

well I guess that was my fault because it was a really straight forward approach. I got her number within 4 sentences lol

Most Helpful Girl

• after 30? I thought your guy code says after 3-4 days. I would think "aww how cute, he must be REALLY into me, he couldn't wait" but then I might also think "um creep"

within 30min? I am a fast texter, so if I have my phone by me, I'll text back right away, maybe leave him hanging for about 10min. But is she's playing the "dont want to seem desparate" game, she will take her time.

• well I used to do that but now I think that's for high schoolers.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think she is into you because that is a whole day and she could have given you the time pf day to get a nice reply..lol trust me her life isn't that hectic. Best thing is to not reply back or respond and ingore her or if you want an answer go up and ask either way that is rude what she did and you shouldn't give her your time if in 24 hours she can't give youa courtious reply.

• 30 min after?

I'd wait till the evening of or at least 6 hours or so.

If I am really interested - hell yea I'll text him back. Actually, I'll be anticipating any type of communication from him

• @update

Nah you were fine - she's just not interested. Nothing you can do about that except find a girl who is

• If I'm interested in a guy I will constantly be checking my phone till he replies. Ii don't think she is that into you, sorry:(

• No iwould just think you are really interested. She might not be that interested?

• Approx 5 minutes afte rI get his number. But I'm ugly.

• it looks a bit desperate if you just met.

i would say wait one or two days to text her.

there is a good chance you looked desperate.

and reading your update, you barely spoke, so she probably feels overwhelmed. the rule is the less you spoke and less time spent the more distant you should be..more spaced out between calls.

if we had a conversation I would just want to hear from him within a week. in this case a half hour looks desperate, I would probably ignore you too.

• If I have the phone near me I text right back. and if not itll take me longer. Some girls like to play games and make you wait because you took forever, which is kinda childish and stupid if you ask me.

• oops msread the question lol

What Guys Said 1

• Texting is lame and it's a horrible abuse of the phone networks. Telephones were designed to TALK on.

• i totally get what you saying man but she seems like a shy girl . I didn't want to scare her off.

• LOL the first indication that the love of my life existed was a letter she sent to me. I wrote back. I said "Here's my phone number. Call me." She didn't. I had to use unorthodox methods to find her number anyhow, call her up, and freak her out big time. It didn't scare her off. It made things much easier.