Is it lame to ask a guy to prom?

Okay there's this guy and I really just want to ask him to prom but I'm afraid that everyone will think its stupid for me to ask him expecially since he's in a grade lower though he's only younger by like 5months. Do guys mind when girls make the first ask for dating too? Or would they rather ask?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not lame. It's pretty much modernism in society but make sure you ask him in a way that doesn't exude his male bravado. Ask him like "Hey, your a guy with a good morale character. I like that about you. Would you be interested in going to prom with me? I like guys who are mature for their age and not overly prideful." I hope this helps...I was asked to prom the same way. Good Luck and have fun at prom.

-With Regards

N. Halden

What Guys Said 1

• nah, not at all. last year my friend asked me to the prom, she told me I was the only guy she really connected with, I told her I couldn't but I still thought it was cool. whether he says yes or no, he'll love it, trust me. just tell him in private and don't do those promposal things

What Girls Said 2

• Do it! It's a modern day society and girls can ask guys just like guys can ask girls. It's perfectly normal in this day and age :)

• No!