A guy I don't like started kissing me and wants more?

So I have a guy friend who is 6 years older than me. He's been like an older brother to me for 7 years. We jokingly say we love each other and give each other hugs all the time. The girl he was dating at the time didn't care cause he did that teasingly with everyone. Recently she broke up with him. They'd been dating for 3 years. He was devastated, and I was there to comfort him. It's been about two months, and we've gone back to acting the way we've always acted.

Today we went to a friend's apartment to take care of her pets while she was away. When we were there, he started hugging me more and spilling his love for me. He then kissed me on the cheek. I hesitantly hugged him when suddenly he pulled me onto the couch with him and moved to make out with me but I pulled away and said that we should get back to feeding the pets. He reluctantly agreed. After we finished feeding them, he started hugging me and nuzzling me and pressing for me to kiss him. I managed to get him to back off, saying that I couldn't because my parents would ground me forever. He continued and asked quietly how they would find out. But I managed to get out of it. I'm sure he would've tried again if he didn't have to get me home at a certain time (When he found out we only had 1/2 an hour, he said, "well that doesn't give us much time).

I still love him as a brother, but I'm pretty sure I don't like him like that. Especially since he's so much older than me. He never acts like this. He's normally so much calmer and more reserved. I was shocked when he did this.

So what is up with him? (I think it's his insecurity to him having no girlfriend after having one for 3 years - he disagreed when I told him this is what I thought) I want things to be the way they used to be. Do you think he wanted more from me besides kisses? And what do I do if he tries this again?

What Guys Said 1

• He's possibly lonely and rebounding, but it doesn't really matter what the reason really is. You need to tell him exactly how you feel about it, how you don't want him in that way and how you cherish your friendship and you want it to stay that way. Don't just avoid it, confront him directly. Then you'll see how he reacts to it, and hopefully he'll respect you enough to back off and be more responsible with the way he decides to behave. If he doesn't then you'll probably sadly have to distance yourself and see what comes of it.

What Girls Said 1

• Stop letting him kiss you if you don't like him. Don't be alone with him if at all possible and cut your time with him short. if he tries kissing you say "no" "stop" and move away. sorry but why do some girls on this site act like they are in 1926 and can't say no if they don't want it?