Not sure what is happening? Not much contact?

Last time I saw the girl I'm dating, I came and visited her while she was working last Tues. I've been a bit busy with work later in the week. But no contact on her part. She has been working later so I have been reluctant to ask her to hang out or go out since I think she'd say no, getting out of work late. I sent her a text to wish her a happy Friday, even though she had to work. I got no response. I know it wasn't a question so I didn't think much of it.

Today, Sunday has been 5 days with no contact. I decided to call her this afternoon only to get her voice mail. I just want to see how she's doing, what's new, and if she's generally OK. I didn't leave a message. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Everything has been great leading up to the last time I saw her. We recently became official boyfriend and girlfriend a week ago. It isn't unusual for her not to text a lot but I don't know. What would you do/think of this situation?

I haven't contacted her for awhile (if you were wondering) because I was hoping she would contact me and hopefully miss me enough to do so. I guess that failed. Or maybe she's just used to me always being the one to contact her first.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to be straight here and say that you're a sorry excuse for a boyfriend, and considering your age you should really man up. No contact in 5 days and all you've done is text her and call her without leaving a voice mail? Forget the ridiculously insecure idea of testing her to see if she misses you and have some perspective about it: the way you're behaving is probably making her feel like you're really not that interested in her at all. What is there to miss? You're her boyfriend so you know where she lives, right? You know where she works? Go see her, go talk to her. Surprise her like that and show you care. Bring flowers, bring something. Behave in the way that you'd want your partner to behave, that's a much better rule than waiting and seeing what happens.

• We both have lives buddy. I didn't think this was out of the ordinary.

• Also, good luck.

• Thanks. I went and saw her. She hasn't felt good today. I stayed with her for a few hours and yeah... I still don't completely know if things are okay, but I'm willing to give it a shot. She just seems very lackadaisical about me (or it seems). We kissed (she didn't want to kiss on the lips) as she doesn't want to get me sick. I still feel a bit lousy about this all though. Better, but still very much on the fence.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0