Asking a girl that you don't know to prom? Please girls answer this.

okay, so I've been thinking of asking this girl that I've liked for along time.probably a year. ha ha :P she knows that I like her. we have never talked. on Valentine's day I wrote her a letter bout my feeling and stuff. not a creepy letter tho. the latter was signed secret admire :D :) and she know I send it tho :( so yeah is almost prom and I've been thinking of asking her? what do you girls think I should do? ask her or not?..what would you think or do if a guy did the same to u? lol :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go for it anyway. Don't miss out on something that could be one of the best nights on your life. Even if she had to turn the offer down, you wouldn't be living in a "What-if" situation. You would know you tried what you could. But, make sure she isn't already going with someone first ahead of time before you ask.

What Girls Said 4

• Just go for it. The worse thing she can really do is turn you down. And then what? You aren't going to prom with her. The same thing that would happen if you say nothing. BUT if she says yes :D :D you have a date!

• i don't mind this guy wrote me a letter once telling me he wanted to bbe my Boyfriend and t tauthg it was cute I liked it so how about if you wrote her a letter telling her to go to the prom with you in it ? or just go and talk to her that would be more atractive good luck I mean if you already showed your admiration and she didn't mind that means your a head up

• i think in my case it would be nice to have a guy do all those things, I think you should ask her, even if she says no you know you tried and you don't have a doubt of what would have happened if you asked her you know? hope this makes sense :) anyway good luck!

• Don't do it. if this girl doesn't know you, why would she want to go to a big event like this with you? you're a stranger. drop the letters and get to know the girl gradually

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly it would have been better to ask her if you knew her because her not knowing her makes it totally random and a higher chance that she'll say no. Because she doesn't know you, it won't make much difference if she turns you down.

So if I were you I'd try to talk to her a bit before asking her. Just let her get to know you. Then ask her as it were out of the blue not that you were admiring her from a far for a year.

From the girl's perspective it's always nice to be asked to prom, but she probably has guys in mind that she wants to go with you know? If she doesn't know you, you won't be in her mind.

• you are about to learn a valuable life lesson.