Is weird that I've never been on a date/kiss a guy?

I am 16 and I have never been on date, kissed a guy or even had a guy tell me that he liked me. Up until this year I have been quite shy and quiet. I have been trying to get guys attention but they seemed to be all hooked on the "loose" girls. I consider myself to be nice and honest. I get half decent grades but I think they still I just feel like there something wrong with me!

I lost 50 pounds about 2 years ago but I'm still a little chubby and I'm far from the best looking out there.

I just don't know what to do. I am extremely hard on myself and a major perfectionist and I have low self-esteem and guys not even realizing I am alive isn't really helping...

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry so much and don't put so much pressure on yourself. You're only 16! And while that may seem at least kind of grownup to you, it isn't. You and your peers have a lot of maturing to do and boys will start noticing you later when "loose" girls aren't their preference. Stay confident and find things that you like about yourself to boost your self-esteem. From my experience, the more esteem and confidence that you have the more people are attracted to you, good girl or "loose girl". So keep your head up, remind yourself of what you are good at and like, and don't be too hard on yourself or think you're not normal- I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18, and now I'm doing quite well for myself

What Guys Said 3

• I had my first kiss at 20. It's really not that big of a deal, especially when you realize a lot of other people are dropping their standards to start earlier.

Just stick to your guns, and trust me, it's better to be single, waiting for the right partner, than it is to be stuck with the wrong partner. Especially if Mr. Right comes along and you're taken.

• You're under 18 so, no.

• You sound just like me except I'm not a perfectionist and I'm almost 19.

What Girls Said 3

• it is true that you are under 18 so you sti ll have time to experience.but just listen to yourself you constantly down yourself and if you downgrade and done acept yourself what do you think those boys out there will do...so forget about dudes for the tine being and s on yourself and what you need to do to love yourself more and seem more confident.then as times pass by guys will eventually notice you and your new self-found attributes too. it gets better after high school...trust me

in college there's like 25000 guys to chose from and I bet there one perfect one for you...

• No, it's not weird at all. I didn't get my first kiss until a few months ago.

• get some confidence! stop wishing and wishing something will happen and just be happy when it does... also most high school kids are just looking to mess around so the louder or "losser" or more confident or social girls are bound to get asked out more.

i didn't have my first kiss till I was fifteen, my first reall date till this year (18) even though I dated once before... when younger people date its just messing around or hanging out. wait it out.

its worth it.