If you're not "sold" on him in a week, let him go?

This is what my friend said. I've been trying to date around some more lately and I've met quite a few guys. My friend just met a guy, and in a week she said he's perfect! She said her advice to me was that if he doesn't impress you in the first week of dating, it's time to let him go. Do you agree with that? She said if a week tells you that you can't spend the rest of your life with this guy, it's time to let him go. What do you think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other, please explain!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes we date someone for months and then decide their not right, so how can you say that it would just take a week to know? You still have to decide going forward, it's not a one time thing that never changes. It takes a few dates to get to know someone and find out what they're really like anyway and you're not likely doing that in just a week.

What Guys Said 3

• dating anyone in a week won't seeks your answers out instantly..thats like saying you passed you kindergarten within a month..give it sum tym.. after all the best relationships are those that haven't been rushed into :)

• Yeah, I think I agree with that.

• I would say 3 dates, but whatever works.

• Wow, crazy. You might be right though? Idk. I can't decide! I guess it all really depends.

• Your friend's an idiot and probably rushes into relationships a lot. It takes months or even years to fully get to know someone and truly understand your own interest in them imo.

• Yeah, I think so too. I think you can get a good feel in a few months for sure

• I don't know about a month being enough to have it be serious, but it's a better understanding than a week's worth :P

• Agreed.

What Girls Said 2

• I disagree with your friend. A week is not enough time to see the real person, even after 3 or more weeks a person is only showing you the parts of them that they are comfortable showing you and vice versa.

• Yeah, I definitely agree. I feel like a week is way too short! She's had way more success with guys than I have so idk...

• Then I don't know how she can make up her mind so quickly. Don't get me wrong most you can tell right away that you don't want to see again but a few deserve more time.

• Haha okay. Yeah

• Spend the rest of your life with him? that's a little much. You should date for fun and let what happens happens. she shouldn't be expecting her dream man to come along and she'll know she wants to spend her life with him in a week. that's just asking for failure and disappointment.

• yeah, idk, sounds a little intense.