How to tell them you don't want to be exclusive?

So I have hung out with this guy on 2 occasions, the second time we slept together. But I also have a date with this other guy on the weekend. Do you think it's fair I tell the first guy I don't want to be exclusive but want to keep hanging out? I don't know when I'll be seeing him again so would it be okay to send this in a text message? And if so, what do I say?

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you haven't actually spoken about being exclusive, I don't think you are exclusive. So, there really isn't a reason to assume that you are or to be telling him. I mean, you don't even know if you're going to see him again.

So, no, do not text him to announce that you have a date. It will look weird. If it comes up in convo, you can say that you are not ready for that at this time.

• Okay that's what I thought. I just didn't know if it was socially appropriate to bring it up or not. Thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say save sex for marriage, between a man and woman.

• Just make it a friends with benefits if your not willing to tie down the knot.

• Mm I guess that's what we are at the moment then, we just haven't discussed anything. Might just see how it goes

• If you're not being exclusive make sure you practice safe sex.

If you were having unprotected sex with the first guy (no rubbers) he might assume an automatic exclusivity there.

• Don't worry I always do

What Girls Said 0