Should I tell him about what happened?

It was a couple years back at a football game... I was walking up to the back entrance of the school to go get something from my locker. These to guys started following me I could tell they were no good but I figured I could make it to the door and into a safe place before they reached me. When I got to the door it was locked and my mind froze. I just watched the guys getting closer and they started yelling provocative things at me. I got lucky and some students who were inside the school came out the doors and I was able to make it in before they reached me. Trust me when I know that it could have been worse and I know that other people have had it so much worse than that was. It was still terrifying when I had gotten to that point of there was no way out. This guy that I have a very complicated relationship with asked me what was wrong the other day... I said it was something I didn't want to get into over the phone. I had not thought about that night for a long time and I got reminded of it that day by a show I was watching. He wants me to tell him what it was... But I don't want it to seem like I was just feeling sorry for myself because I know it could be a lot worse. I have known this guy for about 2 years and we have been talking seriously for about 4 months... Do you think I should tell him what happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why not. If you have feelings for each other, he would want to be emotionally there for you. Obviously it scared you enough that your still thinking about it. Hell, an understanding hug from him would do you wonders. Talk to him about it, but do it in person, not on the phone. If he's a half way decent person, he will be supportive. I would refrain from telling him who those guys were. If it had just happened, then yeah, I would let him know, but since it was a couple of years back, doing so may just cause problems.

• Thanks for the answer... and even if I wanted to tell him, I have no idea who those guys were they were just waiting outside the field waiting for someone like me to walk by alone.

• Then I say just talk to him about it. If anything, sharing your feelings with someone who cares about you will make you feel 10x better. Just make sure you do it in person. That big hug you'll get will make talking about it totally worth it. :)

• Ok thank you... this really did help

What Guys Said 3

• If nothing happened, there's nothing to discuss. If you really feel the need to talk to someone about it, talk to a counselor.

• I don't see why not. From my experience, discussing those personal things that no one else knows brings two people closer.

• I think you can tell him. I feel like he does care about this, and this seems like exactly the kind of thing you can talk about with someone you have a more intimate and trusting connection with. And it's not you feeling sorry for yourself, you can just tell him what happened and how you felt, because those feelings were real for you in the moment, and they affected you, so we do not need to diminish them so you don't seem like you're complaining. I think you'll be fine to tell him.

• Thank you for the advice its much appreciated

What Girls Said 0