How to keep your thoughts on track and not focus entirely on your SO?

I am struggling internally with maintaining my priorities in life and accomplishing goals that I had set before the relationship. I had several goals set for the year and I have put them aside since I started dating 3 months ago. It's not because I am incapable of accomplishing them, but it is moreso a reality that is I can't keep my mind off of my girlfriend. How do you keep your focus and not let your thoughts dwell on one thing?

What Girls Said 1

• you have to set aside at least one day during the week and just make yourself do what you need to do. I am guilty of this. when I first started dating my boyfriend I would slack off on work for school. I actually talked to him about it and told him I was weak lol I needed help saying no to seeing him. still have trouble after over a year because we want to be with each other everyday. it really helped when I asked him to help focus me.

• Thank you very much for the response! I'm looking through ideas for improvement because I'm truly nervous about what will happen if I don't find some direction for myself away from her. One more question if you don't mind, what do you do if your mind is overwhelming you with thoughts of your bf?

What Guys Said 0