I'm going on a dinner date with my boss to save my job. My boyfriend agreed but now...

Both my boyfriend and I agreed that it was best to go on a dinner date with my boss to save my job. It's a little complicated but things are difficult at work, and since he's been asking for about a year we figured it's best I go on the damn date. We both believe he will not try anything he just wants to spend time with me. But now, that the date is lined up my boyfriend won't stop taking about it! Every conversation is about my boss! He says he is only making fun and having a joke, I'm not looking forward to the dinner, so it's a little annoying.

Do you think even though he agreed to it (actually it was his idea!) that now its bothering him? How would it make you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your boyfriend is weak. He doesn't want you to go on the date but he doesn't have the balls to put an end to it or speak his mind so instead he's trying to express his feelings though lame humor. Your boss is going to try to have sex with you. He doesn't want to take you out to dinner to spend time with you. He wants to have sex with you and he'll try. Maybe he'll use your job as leverage. My advice is that you go ahead and do it and ditch your loser boyfriend. At least the guy you're going out with has some balls. Your boyfriend agreed to let his girlfriend go out on a date with another man. He's a chump.

I would be interested to hear about what makes it complicated. If things are tough at work because you made them that way then do better or get your resume out because it's easier to find a job when you have a job. Remember that there are fifty nifty United States and some of them have better job markets than others. If things are hard at work because of slumping business then take your chances like everyone else, but dont' compromise your integrity, not unless you like your boss. If you like your boss then this might be the perfect opportunity to trade up. Go out, have a good time, and see where it leads. Maybe there'll be a connection. I bet he wouldn't kiss you goodbye so that you could go on a date with another man.

• It's complicated because my boss says he loves me but not like a lover, like a friend. He is married and I think a good guy but perhaps a little lonely and unhappy. He says he sees us as friends and wants to hang out, but I can tell by the way he looks at me that he has romantic feelings for me even if he doesn't say it openly. when I ignore him too much he becomes passive agressive and he hates the mention of my boyfriend. He has out up an ad for a employee we don't need - it is a threat to

• He sounds like a child too. Time for a new job and a new boyfriend, sweetheart. There are jobs to be had, you just have to have the guts to look for them and you might need to move. Do you have children that require you to stay put? What kind of work do you do? This could be an opportunity to grab you a whole new life. I'm in Austin and the job market is rocking out here.

• The threat is empty anway. He can't fire you now. You can sue for sexual harassment. At the very least you can get unemployment, which companies don't want to pay. Don't walk in there and quit. Flake out on him, stand him up, dare him to fire you. In the meantime get your resume out.

What Guys Said 5

• It sounds like a less than repsectable situation for all the parties involved. This situation is a fragile balance of compromise that will ultimately tip one way ...

• What do you mean tip one way...? Please explain further. Thank you.

• Maybe your boyfriend will resent his after the fact, it sounds like he is having misgivings already.

Maybe your boss will want to take this further than you would be prepared to go. I can understand that you would like to have the best of both worlds in your boyfriends affection, and your bosses assistance. Perhaps you feel that you are capable enough to manage it. In any case you can see how this situation puts them at odds. Never make your p**** a prize =(

• Id tell his boss to f*** off away from my girl and to stop asking her out to dinner

• I'd flip sh*t too.. Forget the date. Forget the job "Baby.. Money comes and goes we'll figure it out a different way, promise."<-BEEN THERE

--THEUnicorn

• I am not too sure:/

• Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this sexual harassment. Bosses should not be hitting on their employees, especially if they have a boyfriend and he's using your job as a weapon, which is blackmail. You need to do something about this

• yeah, she really doesn't have to do anything now. If she gets fired she can sue.

• i know right? you are asking the wrong question lady!

• LOL, crazybastard, did you see the question that FierceMegan asked earlier about how men ask the wrong things...talk about asking the wrong question (from a girl this time)

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you I'd look elsewhere. Never allow yourself to be desperate.

Youre giving the boss your free time...hes going to want more of that (and more from you eventually).

Trust me, it isn't a one time thing if he is interested in you.

• This sounds like some type of harassment and you boyfriend has a right to be upset.Hmmm...Go on a date to SAVE your job.This can't be a serious question girly.Dont be surprised if your boss wants to rent a hotel room..."to save your job".