Why do guys stop trying?

Once your with a guy for awhile say a year why is it that he seems to stop trying? I love my boyfriend but I hate feeling like I get no attention and that I'm always trying for him but not getting it back?

What Guys Said 1

• Lol Well I can't speak for whoever your with, he may have simply stopped trying. But it is more likely that he has reached that point in the relationship where the whole spark has dimmed. Where that rush of spontaneous excite of being in a new relationship has worn off. Your lucky for most guys in a relationship it could be as little as 6 months. But this is very common. It happens in every relationship. He is becoming more comfortable with you and doesn't see the need to try so hard. He will probably stop giving you as much attention, calling you less, texting you less. It's not that he doesn't care, he simply has become more comfortable being with you.

• How do I change that? I like that he's is comfy with me and I with him but I still try to make things exciting and I feel like he just doesn't care. I tried talking with him about it and I feel like I'm talking to the wall. He is a good guy I just don't know what's going on.

• Well you can't really change it. He has to realize himself that you expect a little excitement in the relationship and that as your boyfriend if he really cared about you he would make the effort to try and make that happen. If he doesn't realize it, well then he'll just lose you.

What Girls Said 1

• People get comfortable, and when they get comfortable they get lazy. Just tell him how you feel. If one person is always giving more than the other, it won't work out. He needs to meet you in the middle somewhere to balance it out. If he doesn't think you're worth the effort, it may be time to move on. You shouldn't be with someone who doesn't make you feel good.