What to do when a guy basically only texts you and doesn't call?

I've been talking to this guy for about 6mo but maybe within the last 3 months we became more serious and have been seeing each other on a couple weekends. But its like when he's back home I can barely talk to him. When he was having problems keeping his phone on I didn't mind talking on messenger. but now that he has no phone issue all I can really get are texts and messenger. Maybe I'm too old fashioned at 28 lol, but is this the norm these days. Also he's 28

Most Helpful Guy

• Different people have different preferences; I personally prefer to call rather than text. For me, texting is a little too impersonal. You could try saying something like, "I like your texts, but a call every now and then would be even better." Just try not to be too confrontational about it, since that will almost certainly backfire.

What Guys Said 1

• You need to tell him you want to do more than text. Our grand parents wrote letters, our parents called each other and now we text. Communication in relationships keeps up with technology. Until you let him know about wanting to talk more he will think you are OK with texting.

What Girls Said 1

• ask him nicely if he would call you or you ring him and see what he say's I did that and he started to ring me instead xx