"Hanging out" vs "a date" (ladies & gents)

Do you (the reader) believe you need to clarify with your subject of affection that you're "going on a date" to pursue them romantically? To get them "involved" romantically? Or is "hanging out" okay?

Let me know (I'm sure others will benefit also).

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to get to know them first hanging out is OK but if you want something romantic you better be calling it a date.

What Girls Said 2

• You don't need to, but it really sets it apart from just hanging out so both parties have a clear understanding. If you feel like it could be questioned, just let your date/ friend know.

• Hanging out is fine, I prefer being friends first. You can know a person a lot more and you can also determine if you want to just remain friends. I think people rush dating too much.

What Guys Said 1

• If you want a date than why not just clarify it? It's just more straight forward that way and avoids any confusion.