Why the hell do girls do this?!

You're texting a girl one night and then all of a sudden then texts stop... Even if it was a question. Then the next morning you either get nothing or a text saying "sorry, I fell asleep" why is it you girls always fall asleep while texting? This happens with my girlfriend and it really bugs me, if you are tired just say it then goodnight instead of leavin us out in the cold :( I know I'm not the only one this happens to all my friends

Lol k reason I started this is cause my girl did this but here's another thing I didn't add she will also sometimes wait like 1hr before texting back which I could understand during the day but this is usually at night maybe 12am. Why does she do that? Is it maybe a test to see if I'll wait? It's confusing me

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had guys "fall asleep" texting, too. I don't know that it's really specific to women. Or maybe I just have bad luck with it. My ex used to do that to me all the time, pissed me off so much. The first couple times, I was understanding, but after a while I got pretty sure he was full of sh*t (due to other reasons as well).

Personally, I have NEVER legitimately fallen asleep texting. A few times, like maybe 3 or 4 at most, I've said I fell asleep because I didn't want to talk anymore and to be annoying like it annoys the crap out of me when people do that. Usually though, when I'm done talking, I will say so.

As far as random gaps in texting, it depends. Sometimes I genuinely get distracted. Sometimes my phone does dumb things like not showing the new text notification or I get an error 30 minutes after I sent the text that says it wasn't delivered or something like that. Sometimes I don't have anything to say. Sometimes I just don't care.

I f***ing hate texting. I used to be OK with it, but it seems like everyone does dumb sh*t while texting, like not f***ing answering for three hours and then act like it's no big deal. Or f***ing text me all the time and flip out if I don't answer right that second. Texting has been ruined for me forever. The quickest way to piss me off is to text me.

What Girls Said 8

• It usually happens because I'm fighting sleep and I don't want to admit defeat and tell him I need to go to bed. Why? cos I'm greedy! I wanna keep talking to him and try and get over those silly bodily functions like sleep. I'm terrible with this because I can fall asleep in about 2 seconds.

I think you're looking into it too much. When she responds an hour later it's possible that she's fallen asleep and woken back up - I know I've done that multiple times! My SO laughs at me and thinks I'm rather useless, but he doesn't get upset/angry. I think you should recognise that she's trying really hard to keep up the conversation but she's just too darn tired!

• I just fall asleep without even realizing it, sometimes I say bye. I know that letting people hanging on waiting for your respond is not nice and kind of rude but I really don't mean it when I do that.

lol look, I only fall asleep when I talk to my ex friend/friend I don't know why lol he wasn't boring but I only got to talk to him when I am about to go to sleep or when I'm so tired.

You shouldn't be bothered, you wouldn't like it if you fall asleep in the middle of a conversation and then she the next day shouted at you or got mad for that.

And about the not answering you for along time, she maybe doesn't have something to say or is just not in the mood to talk to anybody,there are times when we want to have a little bit of a time,either to think or to have some "Me" time.

• It's a response thing tho with the waiting like a simple way to answer question not one that involves much thinking. What I'm thinking happens is she forgets to send them and then after a while checks her phone to see if I texted her back but then realizes she forgot to press send... I used to do that a lot and she's admitted to this before

• Yea that happens to me too sometimes lol.

• Texting is impersonal. If you really wanted to hear her tell you goodnight you should of called.

• Im in my room both of our rents rooms are right beside each others so that's a no go. I really wish I could tho

• No it's not always the girls! :s

Now I have a guy I like and he likes me too, we aren't officially dating or something but we text each other and talk with each other everyday. But sometimes he stops the texts or sometimes sign out of MSN if we were talking online and he claims that he fall asleep or he gives me other excuses. It really makes me annoyed, I stupidly wait for him sometimes till the morning and almost stay awake because I become worried while he's sleeping! :@

• I do this all the time to my boyfriend. It's genuinely because I did fall asleep. I'll be texting him from under the covers of my bed and while waiting for his texts, get really sleepy and not even purposely fall asleep! I also take long to text back sometimes because even if I'm on my bed watching TV doing nothing, I'll get distracted by what I'm watching or not realize that he replied to my text or whatever, and text him back like a half hour later. SO basically I think she probably isn't playing games with you (though you could just ask to see what she says), she probably just falls asleep!

• This happens with me and my boyfriend. Most of the time I legit fall asleep when that happens. Every now and then I just pretend to fall asleep because I'm tired of talking about whatever topic we're discussing.

• Sometimes we actually do fall asleep without realizing it. That happens to me and my boyfriend occasionally. I just fall asleep in between texts and don't hear my phone. We don't always mean to "leave you hanging".

• I can get that but it's a little disheartening still and makes me feel bad which in turn makes getting to sleep harder

• we just get annoyed. or bored doesn't matter if its a question. and we feel bad if you are wide awake and we don't want to talk anymore. not saying this is in every situation but yeah...

• K well I doubt she was bored cause it was a subject she brought up on her own

What Guys Said 3

• This is going to sound sexist for obvious reasons.

I think girls have weaker willpower than men when it comes to staying awake. When they feel sleepy, they fall asleep. Girls like to be comfy as sh*t.

• She is just falling asleep. That being said, girls like to f*** with guys minds. It's fun for them.

• This is very true, the amount of times a girl messes wih a guys was throughout the cprse of they're lives is crazy. Relentless with they're attacks on our simple minds -.-

• Women are just mean spirited, at least that has been my experience.

• Hah we both have our goods and bads. In person I have no problems with my lady friends and feel very loved and connected, when it comes to texting tho I feel as if all respect era washed away

• she gotta keep you wanting that p**** ALL NIGHT

• Hah sure I guess that's one way of puting it