Is it OK that my boyfriend picked someone else to go to prom with?

So this year is my boyfriend senior year and we been together since freshman year (I'm a junior btw). He and I would always say "OOOH we will go to each others prom blah blah" but during his senior year two of his friends were like expecting him to ask one of them to go to prom without any consideration of me his GIRLFRIEND going with him. In the end one of those girls got a date but then that person bailed on her and my boyfriend felt bad and said he would go to prom with her( and he is a SUPER nice person to everybody girl or guy sometimes it gets on my nerves that he would bail out on a date to help out a friend with like a broken leg or homework etc). Today is the day of the prom and I'm kind of sad and confused. It's been going great for these past 3 years some fights but you know it's not to the extreme.but I don't know if it's wrong of me to feel super sad and hurt that I wasn't able to go to my bf's prom. Am I like a bad person not so trilled about this? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• If you didn't tell him how you felt before hand, then you can't really be upset with him. I can completely understand why you are upset though, I would be hurt too. Can he go to prom with you next year? Sounds like you have a really good thing going. Every relationship has it's ups and downs and we all get disappointed in one another every now and then. With that said, you're STILL being awfully understanding of the situation ;o) which is awesome.

What Guys Said 1

• You should've confronted him earlier or said something like "I'm so excited for prom" to get his attention

What Girls Said 4

• You're not. Ur even considerate letting him go. It's insensitive of him to go to the prom with someone else, 3 years is steady relationship, how would he feel if you're the one going out with someone else for your prom, too? Let's say, a friend of yours also got ditched on prom night and you said you'll go with him. Will he understand? Some friends are too close for a girlfriends comfort but then theyre a part of his life but this is an even he should have considered special for both of you.

• That sh*t cray. You also must be a nice person for letting your boyfriend take someone else to prom.

• He couldn't take both of you? o.o

• That's crazyness!