If you didn't have a prom date?

If you didn't have a prom date would you still go?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I much preferred having a date to a dance, of course, but going without one can be fun too. As a matter of fact, going without a date can be better than going with someone if your date and you aren't really at all serious. I have had good times at a dance with a long-term girlfriend and I have had good times going stag, dancing with friends, chilling out with no worries. But the few times I've taken a date that I didn't really have interest in or didn't really have interest in me, I spent half the time just standing around with them or separating to hang with different groups. If I'm not dating them, I'd rather go stag. And I have had plenty of female friends do the same thing for the same reasons. I know girls all seem to be expected to have a date, many preferring to consider another single female friend a date just so they don't seem like they're there alone, but there is nothing wrong with going free and dancing with who you want. Just enjoy yourself. Screw everyone else.

What Guys Said 5

• Prom dates are so overrated.

Yes I went on a prom alone. Yes I didn't get to dance with a girl on a first dance. Did I worry that I didn't get a prom date? He1l yes!

However, I had so much fun. I got to dance with every girl I talk to in school and others. I chilled with dudes, I chilled with girls. It was one most memorable days in my life

4 Years later do I wish I had a prom date? I don't really care. I'm in college now and I have different objectives =)

• I never cared for prom in the first place.

• no, its already awkward enough as it is lol

• Theres nothing wrong with going with friends.. I did and didn't find it awkward at all.

• didny say there was anything wrong

just that I was an awkward kid in HS so it would have made it more awkward for me lol

• Awhhh ha ha alright (:

• Id save my money.

• I didn't have a date for senior prom and didn't go. Now years later I wish that I had gone.

What Girls Said 10

• My freshman year, I was actually a female friend's "date." Neither of us had any luck with the fellas, and she wanted to go just so she could say that she did, so I went with her. That was the only prom I went to in high school. I went to three or four other dances after that, but decided against going to my own prom (both junior and senior), because I'd had such bad experiences at all the other dances.

• Yes, I didn't have a date for my prom.. I still went with my friends and had a great time.

Honesty I've talked to a number of people who didn't go for that reason and they all regretted it. Just go and have fun, you don't need a date to do so.

• Can't say better than you. Were there a lot of people in your grade who didn't go to prom?

• In my grade? I'm sure there was enough (I went to a huge high school).

• Yep.(: I never have dates for Homecoming but I go with my friends and it's SO much fun haha. We dance together for the slow songs cause we're dorks.. But next year if I don't have a date to prom (which I probably will not) I'll do the same.(:

• I have gone to prom both with and without a date, and I had WAY more fun without a date. I like to dance with different people, but I can't really do that if I have a date... at least with the date that I had...

• I didn't have a date last year and I went...well, my girlfriends were my date, although it wasn't actually my prom.

This year I have a date, my girlfriend, cause, we rather not bring dates. Seriously, everyone in my class is only going with a date for photos, then splitting once they get to prom lmao it's so weird haha

• In Aus it's perfectly fine to go with friends/groups so if I didn't have a date and liked the idea of a prom, yes.

• Didn't care for prom but my mom wanted me to go so I went with my friends :D

• I didn't have a date to my prom and I still went. Barley had any friends, but I still went.

• i didn't have a date and I went with my friends.

it was a good choice to.

i don't see the point of going with a date unless its your boyfriend or girlfriend.

some guys took dates, only to be abandoned by them since they got there. the guys just ended up hanging out together. it was like if they didn't take any dates at all.

• Yes if I could go back I would