Guys, you pay, I pay, we all pay?

Guys do you really like paying for girl or do you feel obligated? I always feel so bad when guys pay for me. This guy asked me on a date for this weekend and he suggested going to dinner, a movie and dessert. That's like a ton of money! lol should I try to pay for some of it? Or is that insulting to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• He asked you out, and made plans, so he expects to have to cover the date. He planed it... The thing is most guys like when a girl is not only willing to help out but wanting to help out. If you offer to split the bill it will make a positive impression on most guys. If he refuses, then except his generosity and then go plan the next date. Then call him up and say you want to go out, and you've got a plan. Then tell him, you're treating this time. That will put a smile on his face. =)

What Guys Said 6

• I feel obligated also. However, I would like it if the girl asked to split it or something.. EVEN THOUGH I would never accept that from her. Just hearing her offer would make me feel as if she was really interested and had a good time. All pluses in my book.

• I feel obligated to do so now that I think about, however I don't really dislike it. I just see it as something I should take care of as a gentleman. If we've been together for a while then I will either be indifferent or like it. As far as being insulting...I'm really unsure how I'd take that, maybe on a first couple dates just because those are when I'm trying to impress you.

• We're all obligated.

• I make a point to pay the first few dates, even if she insists

• It would be kind of you to offer to pay, but if the guy is a true gentleman he will pay for you

• Generally obligated, I think it's sort of sad how it's expected of us.

What Girls Said 1

• Check out his culture because I remember a time I insulted a guy because I paid and didn't let him (he was practically a stranger, a boyfriend of a friend).