Are we suitable or not?

I cannot feel much 'connection' with this girl I am dating now. I kind of like her a lot and care a lot about her. She respond to me quite enthusiastically. But I just cannot feel the connection. Does this still means we are not suitable for each other? Or does it means I am not trying hard enough?

Thanks you all for answering my question! If it cannot works then there is no point continuing this kind of relationship anymore. All your answer are very good I don't know which to chose as best answer :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship like that. I sat it out for six months thinking that I'd find a way to build a connection or that he'd lose the spark, too. No such luck.

Having been there, I can tell you it's not fair to either person to remain in a relationship when you have tried and tried, but you're just not feeling a connection.

To this day, he's the only ex I'm friends with, and now we're like family. It took a while, but we did patch things up. It takes patience, kindness, and understanding on both parts in order to work that sort of thing out, but I truly believe that the less you live a lie, the better off you'll be when you can't do it anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• If you can't feel a connection no point in forcing it or trying to hold a relationship. You can be friends since you care bout her but I think a connection is neccessary for a serious relationship

• You can't make your self feel a connection. It's a nice concept but it'll never work. I have been where you are now and I thought time would make me feel a connection for him. I cared about him and really enjoyed being with him but over time that changed. I never cheated but I really had the urge too because I just felt like we were friends living a lie.

You might be suitable for her but she is not suitable for you, unfortunately it is one sided sometimes. I am sorry, it's not fun being on either side of this situation.

What Guys Said 1

• Probably yoou're just trying TOO hard. IF you don't have an initial connection time to cut the string, as it were!