Are we suitable or not?

I cannot feel much 'connection' with this girl I am dating now. I kind of like her a lot and care a lot about her. She respond to me quite enthusiastically. But I just cannot feel the connection. Does this still means we are not suitable for each other? Or does it means I am not trying hard enough?

Updates:
Thanks you all for answering my question! If it cannot works then there is no point continuing this kind of relationship anymore. All your answer are very good I don't know which to chose as best answer :)

0|0
3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship like that. I sat it out for six months thinking that I'd find a way to build a connection or that he'd lose the spark, too. No such luck.

Having been there, I can tell you it's not fair to either person to remain in a relationship when you have tried and tried, but you're just not feeling a connection.

To this day, he's the only ex I'm friends with, and now we're like family. It took a while, but we did patch things up. It takes patience, kindness, and understanding on both parts in order to work that sort of thing out, but I truly believe that the less you live a lie, the better off you'll be when you can't do it anymore.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If you can't feel a connection no point in forcing it or trying to hold a relationship. You can be friends since you care bout her but I think a connection is neccessary for a serious relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't make your self feel a connection. It's a nice concept but it'll never work. I have been where you are now and I thought time would make me feel a connection for him. I cared about him and really enjoyed being with him but over time that changed. I never cheated but I really had the urge too because I just felt like we were friends living a lie.

You might be suitable for her but she is not suitable for you, unfortunately it is one sided sometimes. I am sorry, it's not fun being on either side of this situation.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Probably yoou're just trying TOO hard. IF you don't have an initial connection time to cut the string, as it were!

0|0
    0|0