Do you ever kiss a friend or relative on the cheek as a greeting or goodbye?

Just wondering because my friend does this to friends... I'm a little more shy about that, but is this something a lot of people do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just my grandmother. She would be sad if I didn't kiss her goodbye. I have never kissed, or been kissed by a friend.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it is moreso like that in Hispanic/italian culture. Otherwise, it's fine with relatives when you're little but most people grow out of it. As for friends, I'll stick with hugs and handshakes.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I do.

I mean; relatives, definitely, yes.

Friends, it depends on the friend, most of them no; usually it's more my guy friends I do it to - or friends I haven't seen in a long while. But yeah - it wouldn't be unusual for me to do it.

• No...I've never known anyone who does that.

• Relatives yes, friends sometimes.

• Relatives... yeah. And anyone that walks through our front door is subject to at least four kisses, haha. I don't tend to kiss my friends though, just hugs.