We talk and text almost everyday but why won't he ask me out?

There is a guy at work I like, there have been a lot of signs of interest from the both of us. He is very out going and I'm very shy around him. We text daily, sometimes I text first ,mostly he does, and he always stands by me and walks with me at work. We went out to lunch once but a friend of ours ended up being there and eating with us. We joke around all the time, he never talks about anything serious. We talked on the phone for about an hour and he seemed much more into me over the phone. We have a very odd work schedule, and he works another job, he seems pretty busy, and we don't get the same days off often. I just want to know if he talking to me just to be friends or do you think he has interest too? He is 30 and I'm 26, also he broke up with a girlfriend who he lived with for 3 years only 7 months ago. so maybe he just wants to get to know me first? I really like him, how do I keep his attention and get him to ask me out? This is all in the last couple of months.

Most Helpful Guy

• why can't you ask him out? guys are not the only ones to have to do that you know

• i try to, I mention hanging out and he says he will but never makes a date or time. I know I can ask him out, but I already told him I was interested and wanted to get to know him. I'm just not sure if he likes me like that and I am just shy!

• uuuummmm well your relationship probably won't last ... LOL

• awww why? its only beginning I thought lol

What Guys Said 3

• Ask him on a date. Say "there's a comedy club I want to go see, you should come with me!" or something. Try to make plans somehow. If you feel something, go for it. Don't wait for it to disappear. Opportunities don't last forever. They come and go.

• good thing is we work together and we do things together at work like softball and cook outs, but I mentioned a movie I wanted to see and he said oh ha ha I haven't been the movies in forever, but that was it. I noticed tho that he will always wait to see if I'm going out with friends from work to decide if he is going, like if I'm going he will be more likely to make the time to go but he won't ask only me out, its always a group.

• Maybe he has a personal rule about dating coworkers? Maybe he wants to keep it strictly professional? Maybe he's not ready to date yet. It was a 3.5 year relationship! You don't know if you don't ask! Well...if you don't wanna ask him out directly and wants him to initiate...then drop some obvious clues. I, personally, like female coworkers who give me candy. But then again, that can mean anything. :D

• Well, ask him out. Let him know your interested in him.

What Girls Said 1

• Work relationships never worked out