Are you OK with your boyfriend/girlfriend keeping their ex's number?

I don't mean like 3 months after and they still have their number I mean like 1+ years and they still have their number.

Do you care?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because someone is your ex. doesn't mean you shouldn't be their friend. Sometimes a break up isn't always messy. It is possible to be completely over someone, and like them has a friend. If my s/o had his exes number I wouldn't mind him calling her every now and then. If they were in contact very frequently then It would raise an eyebrow.

His ex. was his everything at one point, I think it'd be un-natural for him not to give two sh*ts about her even if they aren't together.

A relationship is based on trust, and I would trust he wouldn't do anything.

It wouldn't bother me has long has I knew he were completely over her.

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend has kept his ex's number for years, and I have done the same. Not that were not over them, but because we are mature adults and can remain friends with them even after dating. It's not like we call or text these people everyday. If you have trust issues, then you will have a problem with it. If you don't, then you won't even remember it's there half the time.

• If they don't still talk, that's pretty odd and concerning. They need to let go.

• Yes, especially after he said all those awful things about her. AND she tried to have sex with him when we first started dating. Why keep the number? A f***ing booty call.? My ex is blocked so don't call me out.

• Yea I would not be OK with that, all forms of communication should be removed when you break up or else it's like there must be feelings still there, which means they can't truly want you

• Yes, just don't hide it from me. Be open about the relationship. If they hide it from me, I think there is reason for it. My mind can be pretty suspicious. It's just a defense mechanism. If I am always honest in a relationship I want him to be too.

• Yes, I care. It makes me uneasy.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on how well they knew each other and the nature of the relationship.

In the vast majority of cases, I will have a very hard time trusting a girl who keeps her ex's number for that long, and I will not trust her if she keeps in contact with him. The "just friends" thing is bullsh*t most of the time. Unless they have a kid together or something like that, I will not tolerate any meetings.

I'm suspicious enough about guys who are "just friends" because most of the time their are unwilling denizens of the friend zone. I'm willing to believe I'm just a little paranoid and hostile about a guy she's never been physically or emotionally intimate with, though.

• Sure why not? There is a reason why she would be with me rather than him. As long as I understood the situation it would be cool. I wouldn't initiate a relationship with someone I didn't trust.

• if they were friends yea, but if not it'd be kindof wierd

• Yeah, it obviously say their not over them.

• WELL yes I would care.. that's means they still have feelings for one another.. cause ask your self what's the point of staying friends with a ex. you getting nothing out of it.. its not like you guys will meet up and have a cook and all lol