Is this a REBOUND? And can it last?!

My female friend was cheated on in her 9 years relationship. It has been 5 months since she has found out and cut contact with the ex boyfriend.

She is now in a relationship with a guy who has been a friend with her for a while. They basically spend all day and night together as they both go to school and has the same classes.

He finally admitted that he liked her since they met, but she on the other hand has never ever thought of him that way until he admitted to liking her. She said she is super comfortable around him and she didn't think she would develop this type of connetion with anyone ever again.

She told me that she is over her last relationship and this is definitely not a rebound. What do you guys think?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't really believe in rebounds really. She obviously likes him or she wouldn't spend all that time with him. She is probably a serial monogamist and doesn't need to be single in between relationships to get over them. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Especially with long relationships (9 yrs), she was probably over it before the break-up even happened. Don't worry.

• She was not over it before it was over, she thought they were engaged (the ex verbally promised her). I've known her for a long time and she usually talks about the guy she thinks are attractive or has a little crush on. Didn't hear anything about this guy, beside he is her study buddy. I asked her once what she thought of him, and she said ehh not my type.

• I'm not trying to tell her who to date as she is a grown woman. I haven't and will not tell her how I feel about any guy unless she asks me. I'm just curious to know if someone who didn't want to live anymore can be back in a normal state of mind within 5 months after 9 years, and if its this is a rebound situation.

• have you asked your friend if she thinks this is a rebound?

" I'm just curious to know if someone who didn't want to live anymore can be back in a normal state of mind within 5 months" >> I would say YES absolutely

What Guys Said 0