"What do you want from me?".....is it really that hard of a question?

If you are in a relationship with someone and you ask them "what do you want from me?"...should it take them awhile to answer? shouldn't they know why they are with you?

Too me the longer it takes someone to answer that question, they dont/didnt want anything from you.

Is "what do you want from me?" really that hard of a question?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not at all.

Its like asking, "What do you want on your sandwich?" the person should know automatically and not take forever to answer. Other times, the person may need to give this some thought because they aren't sure at the time.

• That's what I thought but everyone else is against us. lol To me a person should know what he wants (or she)...and if they can't answer right away they want nothing from me. Am I totally off my rocker with this?

• Dont you think you should know why you are with your significamt other? That should be something everyone knows when goinh in relationship. It shouldn't be thought up as you go along. It makes you sounf like you don't know why you want to be with SO.

• I can't tell you how many times I've been asked "What do you want from me?" and I've given an automatic answer. I guess other people aren't us and need to give that question some thought.

What Guys Said 2

• it is a hard question!

I wouldn't know what to say immediatly. I would have to think about it. I would want to say something stupid!

• Then why were you with someone for 1.5 years? To use them? Why is that fair to the person asking the question that you need to think about it...you should know why you are with them...why wouldn't you know. ( I don't mean you in particular being with someone 1.5 years)...

• Sorry, scrap that question, I meant... why have you stayed with him till now (disregarding the pregnancy)?

• Cause he wanted to give it a try. I was willing. At the time I was shocked I was even pregnant as my tubes were tied. As time went on I see there was no love from him, in my eyes. And it hung over my head that what he said to me the day he found out, and the week leading up to it. He still has yet to answer me question of what does he want from me...so I have since blocked him as all he says is...I want to be with you.

• It's a weird question. Silence doesn't always mean "no." It just sounds like that's what you want it to mean.

• Not that I want it to mean that, but someone should be able to answer that with no problem after they have been together for 1.5 years don't you think?

What Girls Said 2

• =/ nowadays I consider it hard, I wouldn't want to be asked that question. It reminds me of people asking 'what do you want in a bf?' I used to give a list but really, it's a waste of time to me because every guy is different and I'd want him to be himself. Who he is as a person is attractive - the whole, not 'criteria'.

So because of this, I'd be totally put off the question. My mind would think.. 'all of you?' But I wouldn't want to say anything, I'd just feel disappointed.

• In my eyes...if he doesn't answer that question he wants NOTHING from me. Why are people in a relationship then if they don't know what they want? What's there to feel disappointed about?

• Anyway, I think he is deciding whether to tell you what he really wants from you (& has been using you for) or if he's going to continue to play along. Maybe not even that, maybe he has been clear about his intentions all along, I don't know, maybe you just not understanding the whole relationship thing or you're in the idea of loving your idea of love and relationships and not who he really is (that's if you 'love' him.. 1.5 yrs.. hmm). I don't know! This is a tricky situation you're in! Ask

• your friends and family.

--

I don't know, and I can't say that he did. This situation is so messed up that I don't know who to 'put my faith in'. Sorry, I don't think I can help you, I'm short of time atm, need to go out. I can't help without knowing both of you a TONNE BETTER!

• its kind of a weird question, maybe he doesn't know how to answer.

• Shouldnt someone know why they are with someone for 1.5 years? Are they with them to just use them? Why is it fair to the person asking that you need to think about it.