Are there guys out there that desperate?

We all get spam in our inbox and spam folder saying that it is a woman looking for a relationship or sex and the majority of us know it is a big pile of doody. But I was wondering today, if someone wasn't falling for it then the scammers would stop sending them or am I wrong. Have you or do you know of anyone who has fallen for these?

Most Helpful Guy

• hate to admit, I fell for when I was 5 years younger. I really wanted a girlfriend, I just keep thinking is it possible. but now I don't fall for it . I do want a girlfriend, but I am really trying not give out those signal out to girls lol. I sort of act, I don't care about girls. I have too many things going in my head to stop myself having a girlfriend. trying to convince myself now, reasons not to have girlfriend now. its sad. but I have too many issues going on inside my head.

i do want a girlfriend, it makes me sad, why? but my shyness overwhelms me to stop having girlfriends. so I think these girls will make it easy for me. my shyness is making me very confused.

• with my level of shyness with girls, I call it a disease. a killer shyness. that makes me act like 2 different people. I am desperate on side, but then other side of me, I don't really want one.

What Guys Said 4

• It's just like websites that have a fake localized chat.

"Hi honey, I'm looking for a hot man in [your town]."

Does anyone really believe that crap? It's just a "bot" that chats with you. I used to have a fake automated chat app on my old BBS in 1992, and 20 years later people think it can't be done? Really?

It's all ads/spam. But you'd be surprised at how many people just HAVE to click and see for themselves, and every one of those is a click that pays someone.

• It's funny a few weeks ago I was tempted to click on a spam email that said something about a cancelled order on my American Express or something like that, my first thought was my card had been compromised but then I stopped myself and thought that this was a truly smart scam since many people will click on it thinking that same thing.

• Very true. You can't underestimate spammers; they are smart and by process of elimination have figured out what works. You must always be diligent.

• Yes, human stupidity amazes me. I mean as I am writting this I have some random picture of an indian woman I don't even find hot looking at me stating date and have fun! Join now for free. I am not surprised, I am sure that if I didn't get laid as regularly as I do I would find it hard to keep my sex drive down. Luckily I have succeeded in having a girlfriend or at least a steady sex buddy for the past 2 years.

• yes guys are desperate for a girlfriend but its just a email, nothing more, but if it seems like a good thing to look into than I guess guys do fall for it but I never have ... id rather meet a real girl out in real life, not online

• These aren't girls online anyway. They are con artist posing as lonely or horny girls trying to get money out of these guys. Or they are p*rn sites trying to trick guys into going to the site because they know the guys will stay once there and either pay or keep clicking on links and they get paid by the click.

• true ... why I don't bother with it

• I think many of us are desperate...regardless of gender. If you love yourself enough you won't fall for these crap emails.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's supposed to lead dudes to think that it's p*rn that they don't have to feel guilty trolling for, not a real woman.

• I know it's not a real woman, what I am asking is are there guys out there so desperate that they think it is a real woman sending these out. You could be right.

• I think the guys know its not a real woman too, but it's p*rn that comes right to their inbox and they can "pretend" it's a real woman.