Drunk Texting-Stupid? Forgivable? I don't know? ;*)

So, I don't know about you guys, but what would you do/ feel if your ex-girlfriend just sent you a slew of very er hem insulting text message(s) and half the words are like crazy sh*t? would you care that she apologized and what would you do exactly about the situation?

I'm kinda embarrassed that I sent him, even though I despise him and he tried to get back with me.

I've also discovered to my horror I sent texts to almost everyone on my call list so yeah, that was kind of dumb of me. Everyone is like "WTF Did you send me?''-and I have to like say sorry to everyone now. I don't even remember this! O.o

And my crazy admirer at work is sending me crazy text messages-(if you read my previous question you'll know what I'm talking about) and...yeah.

Have you sent a Drunk text message? Did you regret it? What did you do about it if you did do something about it? Do you think it's stupid? yeah. Thanks, I just thought it might help me how to deal with my situation lol ^_^

Most Helpful Guy

• I would maybe call her or text her 'what?' overall, not a big deal. I can't text when I'm drunk so that's talented.

What Guys Said 5

• First off, are you -sure- you didn't want some attention from these texts? Sometimes a person just wants some notice, even if it's negative. I ask because you texted lots of people, then you also took the time to bring it up online. Just something to think about, and I could defiantly be way off base here.

I've sent drunk texts before. I think that even as I sent them, although I wasn't as inhibited as normal, I still knew what I was doing and looking for humor in the reactions.

If you seriously p*ssed anyone off, then you owe them a "sorry." And you need to not do that again. As for the ex, well, he's an ex, just leave him that way and remove him from your contact list. Easy, right?

• No I don't owe him anything. don't assume that I would want attention from a douche bag because there are plenty of guys willing to give me the attention I want . lol it's removed before but somehow it was sent. unfortuantely I have a keen memory

• I think if theyre insults, its stupid. If its just in good fun, it's funny. If its in good fun and both people are drunk, it could be a funny long text convo about nothing.

• I've never been drunk, and therefore never sent a drunk text, but if it was me receiving them, I wouldn't take it personally. When you send a drunk text, if you text a lot, then you can tell that it was a drunk text.

• True. lol I tried texting my friend who's a guy when he's at the bar and it is so halarious. lol. but often he tells the truth when he's drunk an dit's funny

• Lol, yeah, I hear some people are like that.

• If you drunk-text someone - as long as it's not insulting, mean, and gives them the impression that you deep down hate them more than appreciate them, it's probably dismissible. On another note - you were drunk, so the other person should be able to laugh at it and understand that you were drunk and probably didn't know what you were doing.

My thoughts are if the drunk-texts are flirty and/or just saying that you miss the person, no harm no foul. But if they are mean and put the other person down, that's something to be a little worried about.

• Yeah that is the worst. Its way worse than drunk dialing because its so impersonal that you will say anything. I always feel like avoiding the person for a while until it blows over.

What Girls Said 7

• Just put up a status on facebook making a joke about it, like, "sorry for the drunk texts last night everyone...def leaving my phone at home next time I go out haha." This will show him/everyone that you sent them to a lot of people and not just your ex or a guy who likes you. That way they'll feel less hurt/creeped out/whatever.

Going forward, take their numbers out of your phone, or label them as something you won't remember when you're drunk. I have three guys in my phone as "DO NOT CALL," "DO NOT PICK UP," and "SCOHWBTIYA," which stands for "Stop Calling Him Or He Won't Be That Into You Anymore!" Yeah it's a hassle, but it's a good reminder when I'm too drunk to make rational decisions about drunk dialing.

Thank god my current love interest finds my drunk texting to be "adorable in a weird way," or I'd be totally manless haha.

• Everyone has done it but yes I usually regret it! Whatever the reasons for a break-up and no matter how hurt you may be you have to remember to respect yourself as well as the wishes of your ex! If he broke up with you, even if he cheated where is the dignity in sending him some rude text! You look like a childish idiot and he gets the validation he needs to know he made the right decision! I personally don't like looking like a fool who clearly has nothing better to do than think about him and be rude! If you do need to express yourself do it eloquently WHEN YOU ARE SOBER! I'm speaking from recent experience, and I did apologise and in his defence he was extremely gracious considering...! What I said stands but I wish I'd had the balls to say it without the aid of vodka! That way you look in control and whether they agree with your argument or not, you can walk away with your head held high rather than scuttling out the back door with a trenchcoat on!

• honestly, he's going to have a good laugh. what's done is done. eventually everyone will forget what you said to them, but it'll take a little time. don't fret about it, just try to control yourself next time.

besides, you were drunk. that has to be the best excuse ever. :P

• i've done that, he just texted "lol, ok drunkie"

• I send my ex boyfriend some nasty texts all the time. Don't worry about it if he's just an ex. He probably deserves worst than that.

• Move on, people. Grow up and move on.

• Bitter much? . .... And talk about presumptious!!! Because the fairer sex never does anything wrong aye?!!

• yeah, I called my ex a f***ing faggot and he should go die. but yeah, he didn't text me back, whatever.

• I have never sent drunk texts out to insult people. I did once on a friends phone so you could say a friend did it and you didn't know they had your cell. pretty low but learn from it.