Should I tell him about the kiss?

I have been together with my wonderful boyfriend for about 6 months now. I love him so much and really believe that he is the one I will spend the rest of my life with. The problem is that I have something I have been hiding from him.

One month after we got together I went on a vacation with a friend. We met some other people there who we became friends with. The thing is that one of the boys there wanted to take a photo with me. He asked if he could give me a kiss and I said okay because I thought that one little cheek kiss wouldn't hurt. So he kissed me on the cheek when the photo was taken, but then that bastard continued to kiss me on the lips and I got so shocked so I didn't know how to react or say. It was over in a few seconds but I got so disgusted. During the whole trip I felt so bad about what had happened - that I had cheated on my boyfriend back at home. I cried so much over it, yelled at the guy who had kissed me and told him that it was not okay. He apologized and I cut the contact with him.

It has been 5 months since that event and I still feel bad about it. I can't stop thinking about it and I get disgusted with myself. I don't know if I should tell my boyfriend or not. I know that it will hurt him so bad that my lips has touched another while we were together. I don't want this relationship to end and I don't want to hurt him. What should I do?

To those who wanted to know my decision. I decided to tell him about it, because I believed that it was not right to continue the relationship with unrevealed secrets. It was not right for him or me.

He got sad as I expected but said that he understood what had happened and we managed to solve it in the end. Thanks for your advices guys and girls. I appreciated it!

Most Helpful Girl

• its always better to say the truth. your boyfriend might get upset but he will be happy that you told him about what happened...wouldnt you like to know if he did something like that to u. put yourself in his shoes. I think its better to just let him know now before it slips out one of these days.

• I doubt that he will be happy if I tell him. If I know him right this truth will crush his heart and he will never look at me the same way again. This makes me think that our relationship won't last. As I said before I don't want our relashionship to end because I love him so much and I don't want to hurt him either which I know I will do deeply.

• i believe that being honest is the best way to go. but you have made up your mind already honey. your not going to tell him.if you loved him that much you wouldn't have agreed to even kiss they guy on the cheek in the first place. if you knew your boyfriend did that to you would you have liked it? I don't think so. I still believe that being honest about it is the right way to go but it your decision. good luck!

What Guys Said 4

• Usually I am always about honesty in relationships but for this situation I'm 50/50. My first thought is don't tell him because it was a quick kiss, you didn't initiate it, you didn't want it to happen, you were disgusted by it, wish it never happened, feel horrible about it...etc...

My second thought is you do tell him as it will most likely clear your conscious but at the same time it could have a negative impact on the relationship depending on how he reacts but at the same time it could be good as it shows how open and honest you are.

I think you should tell him, as much as it may sick I think you should be honest with him and yourself and it not like you enjoyed it or want it to happen again so hopefully he sees it was just a mistake that you regret to this day still.

• If you tell him, you might feel better. But will he too? I don't think so. I believe people sometimes forget that telling can be selfish. If you care about his feelings you should consider the damage you might do.

• I wouldn't mention it... but it will be tough to explain if you get caught =(

• I wouldn't tell your current Boyfriend anything. This guy that kissed you totally caught you off guard and you didn't appreciate it. If you were making out with him, that's different. I personally would not say anything.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, you didn't actually cheat! If you were actually absolutey disgusted by the whole encounter there's nothing to be ashamed of!

You should mention it to your boyfriend, but tell him it was nothing but a kiss, and you didn't feel anything for the other boy at all, and that you were in fact repulsed by what he'd done.

Just tell him the truth gently, & reassure him that you do not want to be with anyone else but him.

• be completely honest to him.. but you have to be so persuasve be dramatic if you have to..that its just really nothing but a terrible accident that's completely out of your will.. like for instance if you call him babe begin like "babe I committed a sin against you and this makes me feel really so bad... pls forgive me... "

• Nope. No big deal. Ur okay. Stay cool don't blame for yourself for this and that. Stop it.