Imagine you're in this guy's shoes. Why would you do this:

So I kinda dated this guy before, but then he decided he didn't want a relationship and I did. That was almost a year ago. Over the past 6 months or so, any time he sees me, he never talks to me in person but texts me after the fact. It's as if just to recognize tat he saw me, then that's it. As in:

Him: "Were you at [insert location]?"

Me: "Yup!"

Him: "Drove past and thought I saw you."

Me: "Yeah that was me lol. Just enjoying the weather and [insert friendly small talk]"

Him: no response.

Or...

Him: "I was going to say hi but [insert excuse]"

Me: "Oh you were at [insert location]? You should have!"

Him: no response.

I got a text from him last week saying...

Him: "Hey you what are you up to?"

Me: "Not much, just working. You?"

Him: no response

I found out from a friend he was at the same bar I was the night beforehand.

So, why do you think he only texts me when he sees me if he's not going to say hi? And why text at all if he's not going respond? I normally take what a guy does at face value, but this one is just confusing me : /

Any insight you could give is much appreciated : )

What Guys Said 1

• It shows he still thinks about you. And maybe he feels more comfortable texting you. It's less confrontational. Maybe he also does it to see your reaction. It sounds like he is playing games. I don't see the reason of texting if he could had just walked up to you to say hi. It is confusing. I think he likes to say hi and he keeps his distant because he doesn't want anything serious.

What Girls Said 0