What is her intention of asking me out?

Recently I asked this girl out for a second date (the first didn't go very well. The second date is a picnic. And one day later she told me that she is already seeing someone else. Buy she is still willing to go for the picnic with me, as a friend, so I agree. However during the last minute she back out. Now she is asking me out for a meal, and she wants to treat me.

What is her intention of asking me out? Is she doing all these to 'test' if I am serious about her? If she is already seeing someone else then why brother about me?

What Girls Said 1

• I think she's confused, she doesn't know what she wants.

That's how people react when they're not sure about something.

What Guys Said 1

• Go out for the meal. Enjoy the night and the company. You'll get a chance to ask her the question yourself. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You won't lose anything by asking, and you might even like the answer you get. If not, then at least you know where you stand and you can opt out of any further 'games'. I personally don't think that being 'tested' is very mature.