I don't understand what I did wrong:(

I'm so sad. I have been dating this guy for almost 6 months that I met online. I liked him a lot so I took down my profile and want sering anyone else. When it got close to 4 months I brought up being exclusive but his response wasn't enthusiastic so I told him I was moving on and date other guys. We still have been seeing each other but he still wouldn't say that he wanted to be together. I have been going out with a couple of other guys. So he found out that I went out with another guy this weekend so then he says how he hasn't been dating anyone else but me the last six months (talking to girls on a dating website is different apparently) and that now he is going to date other girls. I explained to him that I don't want to date other guys but I felt like I had to because he didn't want to be exclusive so I figured that he was dating other guys. That if we were exclusive then I wouldn't. So I asked him what is it going to be and he told me to date other guys;( I don't know what I did wrong.

*so I figured that he was dating other girls

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great example of a mind field.

But you haven't broken any pact between you two

because you made none as it was stated that

you were not going exclusive.

But I think you made a tiny error by telling him

that you felt like you had to date other guys even

though you didn't feel like it. This could lead to the

other party misunderstanding and overreacting

in his mind that he is very replaceable. Anything but that

you did nothing wrong, he was the one in fact to

reject clarity in the relationship as to exclusivity.

Any way in every problem weighing who committed

more fault is not really the answer for solving it.

You should talk to him and settle things out. Miscommunication

with long periods of time brings additional misunderstanding.

• I mean, that's how I felt. If you are seeing someone and you realize that they are still going on dating websites after 4 months, and then they say they don't agree to be exclusive, then what other conclusion could I draw from that other than he still wants to play the field? What other choice does one have when the one they want won't commit?

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say he's pretty butthurt right now, maybe he was just scared of moving the relationship a step further but didn't plan on dating anyone else, or as you said he was at least trying to but you beat him to the punch.

I don't know about this situation, I wanna say just move on but meh, I don't know the specifics.

• I guess he is hurt that I would go out with someone else but what does he expect when he won't be exclusive and still goes on dating sites? You can't expect loyalty and devotion when you won't even give it yourself.

• "I guess he is hurt that I would go out with someone else but what does he expect when he won't be exclusive and still goes on dating sites? You can't expect loyalty and devotion when you won't even give it yourself." TRUE TRUE

What Girls Said 0